7/7: White Sox vs The "Golden Sponge Cakes with Creamy Fillings&q

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 03:44 AM)
I get the feeling the Sox are getting close to benching Rios one way or another. He just doesn't hit line drives. Everything is either a rolled-over grounder or a lazy pop up.

They can't bench these guys. They make too much money. They are here to stay. He and Dunn.

QUOTE (Fotop @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
It's cool guys. Twins will find some way to bring Capps into the game, and we'll have a tie ballgame in no time. ;)

So ummmm, how 'bout dem bears?

(Seriously we can't even muster a hit vs. a guy who can't get anyone out these days?)

I never thought we'd become the patsies of the Central (I mean in playing the Central).

I never would have thought we couldn't compete with KC, Detroit, Minnie. Yay we can beat Cleve. once in a while.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 03:48 AM)
Put the past behind you and win the next game.

Some times you have bad days, sometimes its a bad week and it can even be a bad year. But you can never change the past, so lets just hope for better tomorrow.

In other words, wait til next year (kidding, halfway at least)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 09:43 PM)
Not with Alex Rios leading off.

From what I've heard, Reinsdorf is really pissed off about Rios. Obviously at the way he's playing and the logic in taking on the contract. Signing Dunn is one thing, while his second half last season may have suggested a drop off, not to the extreme its been, but Rios.....................The scouting reports all were he didn't seem to care, and that's exactly how he's been playing for about a year now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 03:51 AM)
From what I've heard, Reinsdorf is really pissed off about Rios. Obviously at the way he's playing and the logic in taking on the contract. Signing Dunn is one thing, while his second half last season may have suggested a drop off, not to the extreme its been, but Rios.....................The scouting reports all were he didn't seem to care, and that's exactly how he's been playing for about a year now.

He should be.

Unless it's all Monopoly money to him since the team ultimately makes money.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)

Unfortunately KW can't "play chicken" with him (like with Cabrera) and just bench him permanently because he'll just sit there sulking and collecting 10% of the payroll while becoming even more of a clubhouse cancer.

Seriously, just give him to the Mariners straight-up for Figgins and it couldn't really get any worse.

Greg, to be honest I just cant be negative like you guys. Ever since I was a kid I never ruled anything out until the day the magic number went to 0. It may be unlikely, but im just a sports fan and its one of the few times I can be unrealistic and hope for the best, so I do it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)

If he was so pissed he would have axed Kenny by now

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
I never thought we'd become the patsies of the Central (I mean in playing the Central).

I never would have thought we couldn't compete with KC, Detroit, Minnie. Yay we can beat Cleve. once in a while.

In other words....DON'T STOP NOW, BOYS! :lolhitting

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 03:54 AM)
Greg, to be honest I just cant be negative like you guys. Ever since I was a kid I never ruled anything out until the day the magic number went to 0. It may be unlikely, but im just a sports fan and its one of the few times I can be unrealistic and hope for the best, so I do it.

That's good.

Normally I like our team no matter what (I mean in my past fandom).

I don't know why I got sick of the Sox so fast this year.

I guess the pop ups and weak grounders got to me and the inability to get clutch hits.

I could give it up but I'm a lifelong fan.

That's good.

Normally I like our team no matter what (I mean in my past fandom).

I don't know why I got sick of the Sox so fast this year.

I guess the pop ups and weak grounders got to me and the inability to get clutch hits.

I could give it up but I'm a lifelong fan.

I agree, being negative is a natural reaction to the poor quality of the product you are witnessing. The fact that the product is consistantly piss poor compunds the negativity. But being a fan of a team has varying degrees of intensity. I popped off yesterday and that is my rant for a while. I guess people look at the situtation differently which they have a right to.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 10:56 PM)
You arent going to axe Kenny for going big on Rios and failing. They all played a part in that decision, at the end of the day Reinsdorf shares responsibility as well, because he could have said no.

Agreed, that's why Kenny still has a job

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
They could be in 4th place by ASB.

There is no way the Twins can sweep us but if they do I will support changes with players, manager, coaches or general manager. We will not win anything if we cant win against teams in our division.

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 03:01 AM)
I agree, being negative is a natural reaction to the poor quality of the product you are witnessing. The fact that the product is consistantly piss poor compunds the negativity. But being a fan of a team has varying degrees of intensity. I popped off yesterday and that is my rant for a while. I guess people look at the situtation differently which they have a right to.

Of course.

And I've rooted from start to finish of Sox teams with way worse records than this team.

But for some reason this team (except for the pitching) just has made me a very bad fan.

Just a ton of expectations, Greg...from the All In campaign, to the big Adam Dunn signing, expecting our hitting to come around, our defense to be adequate, and our pitching to be there. Just that our pitching has come through consistently. Not our defense and certainly not our hitting, for the price that JR is paying these guys. Just a ton of FAIL out there.