Twins @ Sox, 7/8/11, 7:10, WCIU

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
Oh ok, so I see Paulie is not going to see too many strikes tonight.

I'm surprised he gets anything to hit anymore with the pile of crap he's surrounded by.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
I wonder if tonight I'll get the blowout that I've been asking this f***ing team for.

Chances are good if your are a Twins fan. The mental midget is on the mound who can beat the Twins.

Edited by kitekrazy

This is like a slow moving train you are sitting at the tracks waiting for it to pass.

Four losses in a row, but the days take so long to make it a reality. Tonight will be number two of four. I may watch it until it's unwatchable again.

AJ should really be hitting higher in the line-up than Rios.

Don't get that. What have we seen from him in the last 5-7 games that makes Ozzie think he's going to drive in a run. He's got like 20 RBI's so far on the season, making Alexei look like Hank Greenberg.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
I never knew Dan Bernstein was an Ozzie fan, but he's been suggesting all day if the Sox tank this series, that a change will be made. Thinks it could be Walker or Cora getting fired.

Why would they not just fire Ozzie? It's pretty apparent he's the Marlins' next skipper, so make it happen after we go 0-4.

And the fans are supposed to buy into the fact that removing Cora will make any difference?

I can't think of one "Fire Cora" thread or "Fire Baines" thread in the history of SoxTalk.

If they do replace Joey Cora, it better be someone like Robin Ventura...although I doubt he's ready for a full-time role.

Probably Buddy Bell, yikes! McEwing?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 05:47 PM)
I never knew Dan Bernstein was an Ozzie fan, but he's been suggesting all day if the Sox tank this series, that a change will be made. Thinks it could be Walker or Cora getting fired.

I don't think he's a fan. I think he, as I, recognize Ozzie's strengths. But do his strengths override his weaknesses at this point? And even if you don't think they do, do you give him a lifetime pass for '05? The answer to the latter question should be a resounding no. There's just no reason whatsoever that this team in this division has made the playoffs one time in the last 5 years with the money they've invested. I say it all the time. If we were in the AL east, you cut him a little more slack. But not this s***ty division.

Edited by Jordan4life

The Sox firing Joey Cora would be the most hilarious thing to ever happen.

What on earth does that accomplish? Just Kenny f***ing with Ozzie, like, "I just fired your best friend and bench coach. Your move!"

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:21 PM)
The Sox firing Joey Cora would be the most hilarious thing to ever happen.

What on earth does that accomplish? Just Kenny f***ing with Ozzie, like, "I just fired your best friend and bench coach. Your move!"

Exactly

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
Exactly

If that was truly the case, I would be pissed. Take your reality show drama to f***ing MTV. Don't ruin my favorite baseball team cause you too assholes can't get along anymore....

F--- Derek Jeter and A-Rod for skipping the All-Star game.

This is the one big chance for MLB to really capitalize on the national spotlight and his chase for 3,000 hits and he'd rather "rest" with Minka Kelly. If he's healthy enough to play all the games this weekend (tonight's already a rainout), what's the excuse?

What's the point of even having the fans vote if the players don't show up if they don't feel like it?

C'mon boys! Reverse the curse, TRY to do SOMETHING differently, at least.

Edited by caulfield12

Why was Ramirez assuming that was a HR?

He didn't even bother to cover 2B. Sheez.

You've got to be kidding, Gavin. Fastball right down the middle with no movement to Cuddyer. You have to be more careful, he has been their best hitter the last month.

Edited by caulfield12