Twins @ Sox, 7/8/11, 7:10, WCIU

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
Ballgame. I hope a lot of careers are ended tonight.

I think Jerry Reinsdork is TRYING

to lose fans. Fortinately for him he's probably doing a great job, haha

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm done with this game. Seriously, our efforts are pathetic against the Twins. But I wish I had the guts to just quit on this team entirely until Ozzie was fired and a whole load of other problems sorted out. Sadly, I know I'll be back here on my couch with my computer on my lap tomorrow, just waiting to be punched in the brain once more.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)
See ya Ozzie. That should be it for him

He's too busy on Monday and Tuesday with "Ozzie Camp" at Bulls/Sox Academy. $225 bucks a pop for attendees.

He can teach them how to retain a managerial job even when you're an abysmal 7-30 against your main rival.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)
So he let Gavin face a lefty and brought in his LOOGY to face a righty. Try defending that Rongey

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a story about a blow up with Kenny and Ozzie after the game. Inexcusable. But on the other hand...Kenny signed Ohman. Eff 'em both...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
So he let Gavin face a lefty and brought in his LOOGY to face a righty. Try defending that Rongey

Blah blah blah it will be. We can't use Jesse Crain at that point in the game and Hector Santiago was overextended the previous game.

It's a 162 game season, you can't use Crain/Sale/Thornton/Santos in every game. You have to be able to trust your relievers, so on, so forth.

It's kind of ironic that Ozzie valued Brian Bruney "too much" to waste him in the early innings when that will probably end up being the turning point of the game.

Forgot about Bruney.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
Blah blah blah it will be. We can't use Jesse Crain at that point in the game and Hector Santiago was overextended the previous game.

It's a 162 game season, you can't use Crain/Sale/Thornton/Santos in every game. You have to be able to trust your relievers, so on, so forth.

It's kind of ironic that Ozzie valued Brian Bruney "too much" to waste him in the early innings when that will probably end up being the turning point of the game.

Forgot about Bruney.

Is there a coherent thought in this post? Did you just contradict yourself half way through?

Ozzie should have either made the move one batter earlier or just left Gavin in. Right handed hitters bat .298 on Ohman on the season. He would've been better off sticking with Floyd or a batting tee.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
Is there a coherent thought in this post? Did you just contradict yourself half way through?

Ozzie should have either made the move one batter earlier or just left Gavin in. Right handed hitters bat .298 on Ohman on the season. He would've been better off sticking with Floyd or a batting tee.

No, there's not.

It was supposed to be Chris Rongey's future predicted response in the post-game to complaints Ozzie made the wrong moves with Floyd and the bullpen.

Guess I did a good job.

By the way, it would be nice if our leadoff hitter could actually steal a base when we need to get a runner into scoring position and pick up a run at a time to get back into this game.

Edited by caulfield12