Twins @ Sox, 7/8/11, 7:10, WCIU

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
It never fails...1st inning runs mean crapping down pant legs the rest of the game. It's clockwork.

This is the never-ending problem against the Twins.

Even when we have early 3-4-5 run leads, we let them creep back into the game, inning by inning. It's just that usually the actual "blowing" of the lead doesn't happen until it's time for Thornton or Jenks.

Blackburn almost at 110 pitches now through 5.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:24 PM)
Too bad we had to have the pitcher bat. How is Morel supposed to hit in the majors with that swing?

With Pierre safe for now, Morel will be the "Brian Anderson 2006 sacrificial lamb to the slaughter" next. Unfortunately, it will mean Teahen or Vizquel at 3B, and both aren't going to make any difference in turning this season around.

They won't do it to Rios (bench him permanently), even though he's undoubtedly more deserving as a veteran.

Edited by caulfield12

Finally we get Bruney four outs too late.

But Ozzie has his DEFINED bullpen pecking order and he will never deviate from that.

Beachy has given up 2 runs through 5 IP in head-to-head match-up with Halladay. Tied 2-2. Probably the two best teams in baseball right now. You'll get arguments from Red Sox and Yankees fans, of course.

27,737 currently disappointed fans.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
This is the never-ending problem against the Twins.

This is a never-ending problem against any team. We'll score in the 1st and get shut down for the rest of the game....it's not just the Twins. Just more evident against them IMO.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
Pirates will be tied for first tonight if scores hold up

Good for them...and Clint Hurdle. Goes to show you what a different mindset brings a team (YOU LISTENING JERRY!!!!!!).

ps. see DBags too.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
Good for them...and Clint Hurdle. Goes to show you what a different mindset brings a team (YOU LISTENING JERRY!!!!!!).

ps. see DBags too.

And the Nationals.

Viciedo 1/3 with another BB. Don't need him.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:35 PM)
And the Nationals.

Viciedo 1/3 with another BB. Don't need him.

I think Davey Johnson may backfire on them. Who knows...maybe not. Sounds like they weren't too fond of Riggleman.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
I think Davey Johnson may backfire on them. Who knows...maybe not. Sounds like they weren't too fond of Riggleman.

And I think he knew all along they wanted to bring in a big-name manager (think he had the lowest salary in the majors) when both Strasburg and Harper were on the team together in 2012. He called their bluff and they wouldn't blink about building up everything for the following season.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
And I think he knew all along they wanted to bring in a big-name manager (think he had the lowest salary in the majors) when both Strasburg and Harper were on the team together in 2012. He called their bluff and they wouldn't blink about building up everything for the following season.

They gotta have their eye on somebody else though...there's a ton of talent on that team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
It is amazing to me how hard Pirates are playing.

I wish we could get the Sox to play half as hard. The day game that I was at against the Royals was by far the most apathetic effort I've ever seen out of a baseball team in my 20 years of watching baseball.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
I wish we could get the Sox to play half as hard. The day game that I was at against the Royals was by far the most apathetic effort I've ever seen out of a baseball team in my 20 years of watching baseball.

I swear...it's the lifeless coaching staff. They exude dullness....

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)

Sometimes you have to wonder if getting guys like Rios and players who been to more teams than seasons eventually has a downside. They need to stop acquiring mental projects since they can't even fix them in the farm system.

Another embarrassing matchup against the Twins. I love the disgust in Stone's voice when he's describing these scrub relief pitchers out there for Minnesota.

We need to lose these next two games. Nothing may happen, but if there ever was a moment to push change (ANY change) it'd be then; right before the ASB.