Twins @ Sox, 7/8/11, 7:10, WCIU

Next thing you know the Twins will steal the Sox lunch money.

This has got to be embarrassing for the Sox until they pick up their paychecks twice a month or however many times they get paid.

Maybe the fans should just boo every pitch in the Twins series. Change the karma.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
I hate to be Debbie Downer...but how many times has everybody seen this team have a big 1st inning and crap down their pant legs the rest of the game.

Shocker!

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:14 AM)
Looking at FanGraphs, it looks like Gavin has junked his slider to a cutter.

Yeah.......that's not working this year.

I was going to throw my computer if I saw one more 88 mph cutter high and outside to a righty.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
Sale has a very high ceiling and should be groomed to start next year. IMO, he has the most potential to become a true ace on our staff.

He should be...but will he be another story. That would require a house cleaning...which I doubt will happen.

Cell is a good time, weather has been great recently. If youre a fan you just go out and enjoy yourself, Ive seen almost every Sox player, but its always fun to see other teams great players. Ill never forget the game Bonds hit the hardest ball out of the Cell Ive ever seen or Ripkens last game, Dan Pasqua hitting a hr, or whatever it was that happened that day.

Youre going to have seasons where everything is magical, youre going to have seasons that make you crazy. I try not to get to worked up about losses or bad seasons, just nothing I can do.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:20 AM)
Outside of one pitch by Ohman, its been a good outing by the bullpen once again.

Just got in from out of town and went to dinner. The sports bar had MLB Extra on and the Sox game showing just in time for me to see that homer Ohman gave up to a lefty. I think the secret was lefty to get lefty out? Then of course two on twice and Dunn K's followed the next inning by k's by Beckham and Morel

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:27 AM)
Just noted the Sox had 5 runs in the 1st and that's been it. Usually with our starters 5 would be a win for sure

If Gavin stayed in all game, I'm not sure 15 runs would have been enough. He just had nothing out there tonight, and his outing would have been worse if not for a great play by Morel.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
Just got in from out of town and went to dinner. The sports bar had MLB Extra on and the Sox game showing just in time for me to see that homer Ohman gave up to a lefty. I think the secret was lefty to get lefty out? Then of course two on twice and Dunn K's followed the next inning by k's by Beckham and Morel

Hughes is a righty.... Ozzie left Gavin in to face the lefty and brought in Ohman to face the righty. Go figure.

Typical disappearing act, 5 hits in 8+ innings against the Twins after the 1st.

Really wish they would have used Bruney or Sale in the 4th. Either would have been a much better option than Ohman.

If Sale's really going to be in the starting rotation next year, why not let him go 2+ innings and see how he fares? Of all our relief pitchers, he's pitched perhaps the best over the last month or so.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:30 AM)
blow it up Jerry.

Indeed, tonight needs to be the final straw. I feel like Hawk took a shot at Ozzie by saying Gardenhire wouldn't get caught unprepared by not having a righty up to face a righty.

LOL. What a great team we have on the South Side this year.

Two more to go then all star break before more carnage in Detroit.

Yikes.

Bring on the Yankees and Red Sox baby! We can beat them; we just can't beat the Central.

Edited by greg775

Why did Ozzie do something strange in the 4th? Because hes Ozzie. I honestly feel hes cost us a significant amount of games, but it seems like nothing is changing. Not even sure what they should do, Id trade a bunch of guys, get rid of coaches and see what happens. Probably still be around 500 but at least not annoying.

Somebody needs to go...simple as that. You can't keep doing this crap...year after year. I'd actually prefer they blow it up. I'd rather watch hungry less talented players than these stagnant lumps.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:29 AM)
If Gavin stayed in all game, I'm not sure 15 runs would have been enough. He just had nothing out there tonight, and his outing would have been worse if not for a great play by Morel.

Gavin just hasn't been sharp for several starts now