Pet Peeves

whitesoxbrian

What are some of your guys' pet peeves when you go to baseball games?

I think my biggest one is when you sit by a group of 3-4 people, and they don't shut up the whole entire game. Then, to make it worse, none of them know a thing about baseball, so when one of the friends asks a baseball or Sox question, another answers with the totally wrong answer.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
walking down the aisles or making you stand up during an at-bat. You should wait for a break in the game to move from or to your seat.

This. I love stadiums that have ushers who monitor this and prevent people from going back to their seat during an AB.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:45 AM)
This. I love stadiums that have ushers who monitor this and prevent people from going back to their seat during an AB.

What? That cant be true, if you paid for your seat you should be able to come and go as you please..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
What? That cant be true, if you paid for your seat you should be able to come and go as you please..

Its rude and stupid for you to do this in the middle of the action. I LOVE how they limit this in hockey.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)

They do this in hockey all the time. Just because you paid for your seat, that gives you the right to impede others and distract them while they are sitting in the seat they also paid for?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)
They do this in hockey all the time. Just because you paid for your seat, that gives you the right to impede others and distract them while they are sitting in the seat they also paid for?

Hockey is a little different from a baseball game.. and yes it does give you the right.. if you have to go to the bathroom or want food or to buy something and you have to walk past people to get out, too bad.. If you pay for your ticket, you shouldn't have to worry about not being able to leave/get back to your seat.. who cares if you cant see for 1 second..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:52 AM)
Hockey is a little different from a baseball game.. and yes it does give you the right.. if you have to go to the bathroom or want food or to buy something and you have to walk past people to get out, too bad.. If you pay for your ticket, you shouldn't have to worry about not being able to leave/get back to your seat.. who cares if you cant see for 1 second..

Who cares if you wait 30 seconds until Dunn strikes out and there is a break in the action?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:53 AM)
Who cares if you wait 30 seconds until Dunn strikes out and there is a break in the action?

The point is no one should have to wait, and if Dunn is just going to strike out what does it matter if you miss it? Which you wouldn't anyways..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
The point is no one should have to wait, and if Dunn is just going to strike out what does it matter if you miss it? Which you wouldn't anyways..

Hopefully next time at a game when you sit in your seat with all of your food on your lap as you start to eat, people keep asking you to get up, in 30 second intervals, so that they can get past you....all during an inning.

Edited by BigSqwert

When people talk about their fantasy team while at the game. Give it a rest. Nobody cares.

And on leaving your seat during an inning, if you can do it between an AB, it's ok. Just make it quick.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
walking down the aisles or making you stand up during an at-bat. You should wait for a break in the game to move from or to your seat.

I love hockey rules for fans. I wish they even had the curtian to close so that people couldn't walk down the aisles during play.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)

You dont HAVE to wait, but its much more polite to others around you if you wait until the action stops. Thats how its always been in sports as a spectator, and I wish people would continue to pass that down.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
You dont HAVE to wait, but its much more polite to others around you if you wait until the action stops. Thats how its always been in sports as a spectator, and I wish people would continue to pass that down.

And you should have to wait until a break in the action to return to your seat.

Sitting next to people like TRU.... :)

That and people who have absolutely no interest whatsoever in the game at all and flap their gums the whole time about inane crap (Phoenix Suns games are the worst for this).

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
Hopefully next time at a game when you sit in your seat with all of your food on your lap as you start to eat, people keep asking you to get up, in 30 second intervals, so that they can get past you....all during an inning.

Guys, I agree with you that its very annoying when people constantly get up and im not one of those people.. all I am saying is there are certain situations when you need to, and I don't agree with being told you have to wait..

Im glad they don't do that here in Houston, because when we go to the Astros/Giants game in August to see Brian Wilson and my pregnant girlfriend needs to go to the bathroom a couple times, if some dude was at the end of the aisle telling her she has to wait that's not going to sit well with me..

Aside from people getting up and talking all game long, the people who try to start the wave.

For two games in a row now I've had the bad luck of sitting near the people attempting to start the wave. Yesterday I barely got to watch the game from the 7th inning on.

And by the way, getting up and disrupting everyone's view of the game is inconsiderate. Unless its urgent, you should wait until at least the next batter to get up from your seat. Just because you buy a ticket to see a movie, does that give you the right to talk during the movie?

Aside from people getting up and talking all game long, the people who try to start the wave.

For two games in a row now I've had the bad luck of sitting near the people attempting to start the wave. Yesterday I barely got to watch the game from the 7th inning on.

And by the way, getting up and disrupting everyone's view of the game is inconsiderate. Unless its urgent, you should wait until at least the next batter to get up from your seat. Just because you buy a ticket to see a movie, does that give you the right to talk during the movie?

Yeah, I f***ing hate the wave, too. I also hate when people are constantly getting up and down during a game. The worst has to be when people never shut up about their lives, too. The "GET LOUD" thing sucks a** as well.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)
hate when the scoreboard tells you to cheer and get loud. so annoying and artificial

:notworthy

I dislike most modern-era scoreboard crap but then whaddya expect from a crotchety old f*** like me.