White Sox vs. Twins, 3:10 CT, Fox

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:12 PM)
June 8th, against Mariners.

2 homers in a 7-4 loss. Had one the previous game.

So over a month of typical Carlos deepfreeze.

Wow thats a long time. I remember he tied the game at 4-4 in the 8th. Sox were going for the sweep.

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:12 PM)
/went to the teacher store to pick up stuff for my bulletin boards today. Got all excited when I saw a White Sox pennant and banner set. (I've always wanted to devote a corner of my 6th grade room to my team--maybe send some subliminal messages and inspire a new generation of South Side fans.) 30 seconds after I put the $25 set in my cart and started to walk toward the cashier, I thought about the bull**** laughter and joking I witnessed last night in the Sox dugout after ANOTHER loss to our rivals. If they don't care anymore, neither will I. I put that mess back on the shelf.

"Giving up the KoolAid, 101".

Good for you! :headbang

The murmurings of boos are starting with Rios groundouts now. Not quite so demonstrative as with Dunn, but humorous nonetheless.

Wonder if Rick Hahn is watching "Horrible Bosses" and having thoughts about taking matters into his own hands with KW and Guillen.

Beckham, "Bend It Like" can work for balls hit down the lines that come back into the field of play...you might think about running.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 09:18 PM)
Feel bad for everyone who pays to watch these guys play. Just going through the motions.

At least we don't ever hear anymore "Ozzie would never let his guys not hustle on the field and play with passion". We used to hear that all the time when comparing him to Manuel. The effort on the field is way worse than anything we saw during the "corpseball" era.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 09:18 PM)
The murmurings of boos are starting with Rios groundouts now. Not quite so demonstrative as with Dunn, but humorous nonetheless.

I'd boo the hell out of Rios at the game, way more than Dunn. At least Dunn is seeing 3 pitches in an at bat. It seems about 80% of Rios' at bats have been one or two pitches lately.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
At least we don't ever hear anymore "Ozzie would never let his guys not hustle on the field and play with passion". We used to hear that all the time when comparing him to Manuel. The effort on the field is way worse than anything we saw during the "corpseball" era.

Man, have you got that right!

This team gets beat by everyone now. It could be a great pitcher, bad pitcher, fast pitcher, slow pitcher. It doesn't even f***ing matter. Disgusting. No heart, no hustle, no emotion. Whatever. Pick up your unearned checks after the game, boys.

If these 6 games don't kill us, 10 in a row at Detroit, KC and Cleveland should definitely do the trick.

Thankfully, KW can't make any desperation moves with Viciedo until the last 5-10 days of July and by then it will all be academic.

Edited by caulfield12