• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

apologies if this was already posted...

Joe Ostrowski

RT @cst_Cowley Rumor of the day from a scout here in DaBurgh: KW talked to two former managers this week, gaging interest, and one called Oz and told him.

For a team that is struggling to score with 3 outs in an inning, is it a good idea to sacrifice an out with one of our few hot hitters in Ramirez? Yes, it does (or did) bring up Konerko in an RBI situation, but the Twins are not going to let him beat them late in a game with Dunn on deck.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 05:12 PM)
Miami vs. Chicago for a summertime sport? Definitely Chicago. Loria's no day at the beach and will fire Ozzie no-questions-asked if his kid is disparaging the org on Twitter.

Let me rephrase that for you: South Beach in the summer or Lake Michigan in the summer? Miami girls on the beach, or Chicago girls on the lake? Thanks.

And FWIW, if they get Ozzie, Loria will be his b****. He's been waiting for Ozzie for 3 years. They'll double Ozzie's annual salary for 4-5 years.

Two more for you:

Miami's media, or Chicago's?

Miami's laid back fan base, or Chicago's hard nosed, blue collar fan base?

Exactly.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 05:14 PM)

Joe Ostrowski

RT @cst_Cowley Rumor of the day from a scout here in DaBurgh: KW talked to two former managers this week, gaging interest, and one called Oz and told him.

Just posted a thread about it.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 05:14 PM)

Joe Ostrowski

I don't hate Cowley the way some do, but I do take any Ozzie Guillen news with a grain of salt - he's clearly in the bag for him. I find it pretty much not believable that a manager, hoping to be hired, would get a phone call from Williams, and then immediately call Guillen to snitch on Williams.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)
Aka Piranhas.

Viciedo should be converted to catcher, lol. He has the frame and arm for it.

That is one position in baseball that has really had a demise in talent. I doubt any kid wants to be one. Long term plans for Mauer are getting him out of that spot.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
Let me rephrase that for you: South Beach in the summer or Lake Michigan in the summer? Miami girls on the beach, or Chicago girls on the lake? Thanks.

And FWIW, if they get Ozzie, Loria will be his b****. He's been waiting for Ozzie for 3 years. They'll double Ozzie's annual salary for 4-5 years.

Two more for you:

Miami's media, or Chicago's?

Miami's laid back fan base, or Chicago's hard nosed, blue collar fan base?

Exactly.

There's no ? in my mind Oz will wind up there, but it's not such an ideal gig, really.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 06:14 PM)
Sox just gave up an out so the Twins can pitch around Paulie and then strike out Dunn.

Nice call