White Sox vs. Twins, 3:10 CT, Fox

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)
I would love to see new starters permanently at 3B, 2B, LF, CF and DH. That is sad. We have horrible players at every one of those positions.

No organizational depth whatsoever to help replace these guys. Viciedo is the lone guy and go in LF (but really switch CQ to RF) or DH. We can easily send down our 2B and 3B, but they are the tallest midgets in this abysmal organization.

Um, the Twins have horrible players at SS, CF, LF, and 3B, too.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:35 PM)
It's nuts, isn't it? Can't believe we're not 20 games out of contention with so many players just not showing up this season.

That's the MO for the Sox this century. Opportunities squandered.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
Wow, terrible. Again, so glad he's playing against a LHP. Not sure what more needs to happen for him to just sit his ass against LHP.

The day he takes a pay cut or his contract mysteriously disappears is the day he sits vs LHP's.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
Wow, terrible. Again, so glad he's playing against a LHP. Not sure what more needs to happen for him to just sit his ass against LHP. Where would Dayan play?

Kills me that he broke his thumb. He was on his way to making the team.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)

He wasn't gonna make it. This organization has ulterior motives. We have Juan Pierre anyway!!! Why the hell would be want this Viciedo character?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:41 PM)

He never had a place to play. They weren't going to platoon him with Dunn or release Pierre in spring training.

He was always stuck in AAA unless they did something with Teahen.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
Wow, terrible. Again, so glad he's playing against a LHP. Not sure what more needs to happen for him to just sit his ass against LHP. Where would Dayan play?

Check the stats: JP has reverse splits - does much better against lefties because it's easier for him to go to the opposite field, which is where he gets most of his hits, like the single he just hit.

JP and Dunn could platoon in the DH spot, and Viciedo could play in the outfield versus lefties.