Jerry must be so proud

fathom

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:32 AM)
Hey, at least you finally admit it.

The problem isn't that you don't want to be around while people are having sex, it's the fact that those two people being of the same sex is the deal breaker that makes it quite obvious that you have a problem with homosexuality. Really, your scenario is rather unrealistic, and your vision of gay men is ludicrous.

How is that unrealistic? People come out long after the fact they realize they're gay or simply hide it because they don't want to be scrutinized. My vision of gay men? That's my point. I don't want that vision.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 11:36 AM)
People come out long after the fact they realize they're gay or simply hide it because they don't want to be scrutinized.

And a lot of them do that because of the exact attitudes you've espoused in here.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:33 AM)
It's not being naive and ignorant. Naive and ignorant would me be saying all gay people are disgusting and need to be shot.

My point was that if you're going to discount my opinions because of personal experiences, why can't we discount yours because of lack of experiences?

All I simply said was that I'd be ashamed if I brought a son into the world only to find out later he was gay and that I wouldn't want to be anywhere in the vicinity where gay sex was occurring.

LOL, nothing ignorant there, certainly no problems with gays! They just need a separate water fountain house.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)
How is that unrealistic? People come out long after the fact they realize they're gay or simply hide it because they don't want to be scrutinized. My vision of gay men? That's my point. I don't want that vision.

Your vision that they'd somehow want to put on a public display for you, that they'd want you anywhere near them while they are having sex, that they'd woop it up anymore than a man and a woman, it's just ridiculous. You come off as someone who learned everything they know about gay people from South Park.

QUOTE (wallyburger @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:34 AM)
So your mentors are comedians? That would explain much about what you are espousing. You really don't seem to understand the label " homophobic ". It is exactly what you say it isn't.

Yeah, homophobic may literally mean "fear of gays" but that's not how the word is used. Though repressed sexual orientation does seem to be common in the biggest gay-bashers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)
And a lot of them do that because of the exact attitudes you've espoused in here.

That's not my problem. I didn't say anything outlandish or vulgar.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)
My point was that if you're going to discount my opinions because of personal experiences, why can't we discount yours because of lack of experiences?

LOL, nothing ignorant there, certainly no problems with gays! They just need a separate water fountain house.

I didn't discount it. But I can tell you're getting a little worked up.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)
Your vision that they'd somehow want to put on a public display for you, that they'd want you anywhere near them while they are having sex, that they'd woop it up anymore than a man and a woman, it's just ridiculous. You come off as someone who learned everything they know about gay people from South Park.

Nobody said a public display. But s***, if it's midnight and they're in the room doin' their thing and I'm in the other room and I heard moaning and s*** going on, yeah, that would bother me.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:45 AM)

I didn't discount it. But I can tell you're getting a little worked up.

Nobody said a public display. But s***, if it's midnight and they're in the room doin' their thing and I'm in the other room and I heard moaning and s*** going on, yeah, that would bother me.

FWIW, there are tons of hetero (both male and female) that I don't want to think about having sex in the next room either.

If me not wanting to be present (under the same roof) when two guys are slobbin' each other's knobs and hittin' each other from the back means I have a problem, then so be it.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
FWIW, there are tons of hetero (both male and female) that I don't want to think about having sex in the next room either.

Pretty much. I dont' want to hear my roommates having sex regardless of the fact that they are straight.

You said you'd be disappointed for the rest of your life if your child was gay. Hmm, I wonder if those sorts of feelings helps keep people in the closet (and miserable because of it)?

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:51 AM)

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:53 AM)
Pretty much. I dont' want to hear my roommates having sex regardless of the fact that they are straight.

Oh I agree. I'm just saying. It'd be A LOT different for most people were it two guys.

I don't see what's wrong with saying that one thinks homosexual sex is disgusting. If someone thinks that hooking up with another man is gross, that's their personal preference. s***, there's tons of nasty heterosexual sex going on out there that I wouldn't want to be anywhere near either. But if that's what a guy wants to do, then go for it man, that's all your business.

But I'm not gonna look down on a person because of what they choose to do between the sheets or who they do it with. If you do that, then that's where the problem comes in.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
I have always found it bizarre that people in many minority groups seem to be the least tolerant of gays. You'd think groups with experience of being the targets of discrimination would be more supportive of different people, not less.

It's probably more intuitive than you think but a lot of it comes out of power. But in the case of gays it mostly comes out of ignorance. I have no doubt that the reason attitudes of acceptance toward gays has skyrocketed in the past decade is the bravery of so many more who have come out. It's easy to hate something you never come into contact with, but when it's someone you love it's a completely different perspective.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:53 AM)
You said you'd be disappointed for the rest of your life if your child was gay. Hmm, I wonder if those sorts of feelings helps keep people in the closet (and miserable because of it)?

Hey, you gotta take the good with the bad when you make that choice. And I'll never believe for a second that people are born gay. GMAB. Mankind would end if everybody were gay. I believe it's a combination of environment, influences, lack of a strong male figure, boredom, curiosity (this is almost always the case with women), etc.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)
I have always found it bizarre that people in many minority groups seem to be the least tolerant of gays. You'd think groups with experience of being the targets of discrimination would be more supportive of different people, not less.

So I'd be more tolerant if I were white?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 11:01 AM)
Hey, you gotta take the good with the bad when make that choice. And I'll never believe for a second that people are born gay. GMAB. Mankind would end if everybody were gay. I believe it's a combination of environment, influences, lack of a strong male figure, boredom, curiosity (this is almost always the case with women), etc.

Sigh.

I didn't know people still thought this way.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:20 AM)
You'll have to demonstrate an instance of me being bigoted or I'll have to ask you to retract that claim. Yes, I often aggressively argue my opinions, that doesn't mean I view all others as illegitimate or bigoted. I butt heads frequently with you, Y2HH, and ss2k5 but I don't think I've called you outright bigots--because you don't post the terrible stuff FlySox is.

Yeah, everyone has opinions. But not all opinions are valid or worthwhile. Stormfront's got a lot of people with a lot of opinions and they're all terrible people for holding those opinions. This is just a lame cop-out that fails to distinguish between well-supported and well-reasoned opinions and s***ty ones like "I'd be sad for the rest of my life if my kid was gay and I'd rather he lead a miserable lie of a life so that I could be happier"

You're telling people they have terrible views. You refuse to acknowledge that other people have differing opinions than you that may or may not be valid. This guy might be off his rocker, but his opinion about gay people or his own thoughts of his own son being gay are just as valid or relevant as your clearly opposite views. We're talking about opinions, not something that can be proven through logical discourse. I'm not saying you can't give him s*** for it, but when you through out "you're being a bigot" you're doing the EXACT same thing - you're being completely intolerant of his opinion simply because you don't agree with him.

And I don't know how to easily search the soxtalk forums, but i'm pretty certain you've called me a bigot for trying to make a point that Y2HH just made a page or two ago that homosexuality is "abnormal" in the sense that it occurs in 5% (or whatever the percent is) of the time. You took that as me making some moral stance on the issue, which I wasn't.