WHITE SOX WINNER

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 02:41 AM)
You really can't realize the difference between saying we don't like a bunt in the 3rd inning with a runner on first and no outs and then asking for the bunt with a runner on second and no outs in the bottom of the 9th of a tie game?

Yes I can. The bunt is a no brainer there for regular teams.

But you can't tell me without lying that you and others who HATE THE BUNT IN THE AL wouldn't have fried Ozzie's ass had Gordon failed.

And Gordon likely would have failed.

We can't bunt the f***ing ball.

Also we won the game and I'm glad it was on a base hit. more exciting than a pop fly.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 02:50 AM)
Gordon's probably our best bunter, but I know it's expecting a lot for Ozzie to realize that.

But like Hibbard pointed out many have screamed for Ozzie to never let him bunt again.

I'm convinced he'd have failed, hopefully it wouldn't have been a DP though.

Ultimately it's probably Ozzie's fault that nobody on the team can bunt, but I'm still glad we won the way we won.

Somebody actually got a f***ing meaningful hit, thanks Lexi.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 05:41 PM)
Glad they won. Wish people could find something positive.

I'm ecstatic that they won, as I always am when they win. Problem is that there's been not enough of that (winning) lately. I'm afraid that tomorrow they'll lose again and they'll have won 1 out of 4, at home. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to think positive.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 03:12 AM)
I'm ecstatic that they won, as I always am when they win. Problem is that there's been not enough of that (winning) lately. I'm afraid that tomorrow they'll lose again and they'll have won 1 out of 4, at home. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to think positive.

It's amazing how we'd consider it a miracle to go 2-2 versus Minnesota in our own park. And Minnesota does not have anything special this year.

Crazy team we are rooting for.

If Ozzie doesn't bat Lexi second again, he's insane.

Morel is looking as bad as any of our zombie hitters.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)

Love the Pulp Fiction reference. :headbang

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
Yes I can. The bunt is a no brainer there for regular teams.

But you can't tell me without lying that you and others who HATE THE BUNT IN THE AL wouldn't have fried Ozzie's ass had Gordon failed.

And Gordon likely would have failed.

We can't bunt the f***ing ball.

Also we won the game and I'm glad it was on a base hit. more exciting than a pop fly.

Oh please. The Sox won in spite of Ozzie's awful managing, not because of it. Way too many head scratching decisions by that dufus today.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 03:24 AM)
Oh please. The Sox won in spite of Ozzie's awful managing, not because of it. Way too many head scratching decisions by that dufus today.

Second guessing is fine.

I despise it when we ... win.

We won the game. His strategy worked.

Many on this board want to crucify Ozzie for bunting in any inning.

We won the game which means Ozzie has the last laugh on you Oz haters tonight.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Second guessing is fine.

It's not second guessing when you're calling him out as it's happening. It's first guessing. Your genius manager is 8-15 against the central. Keep praising him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Second guessing is fine.

No, his strategy didn't work. Just as it hasn't worked for a while now. This might've been Ozzie's worst game yet. If LeBron goes 2 for 22 and the Heat win, they won in spite of him, not because of him. If Peyton Manning throws 4 interceptions (god I miss football) and the Colts win, they won in spite of him, not because of him. Ozzie was brutal today outside of the intentional walk call to I believe it was Cuddyer. Mark, CQ and Ramirez are why we won this game. Oh, and stupidity by Gardenhire for pitching to 'lexi instead of walking him to get to Omar.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 04:57 AM)
No, his strategy didn't work. Just as it hasn't worked for a while now. This might've been Ozzie's worst game yet. If LeBron goes 2 for 22 and the Heat win, they won in spite of him, not because of him. If Peyton Manning throws 4 interceptions (god I miss football) and the Colts win, they won in spite of him, not because of him. Ozzie was brutal today outside of the intentional walk call to I believe it was Cuddyer. Mark, CQ and Ramirez are why we won this game. Oh, and stupidity by Gardenhire for pitching to 'lexi instead of walking him to get to Omar.

Thank you for the last sentence about Gardy. You proved my point how you can second guess any manager in any/every loss.

I hate second guessing in victories. If you second guess a victory, to me it's just stupid.

Ozzie will be the Marlins' manager next year, maybe next week, and you'll have fun blasting our next manager as well cause you can blame the manager/coach for any loss.

I hope you guys still enjoyed the win today despite your bagging on Ozzie.

He won the game; how can u be upset?

If Beckham would have bunted we may have lost the game? He probably had a 75/25 chance of fouling the first two bunts off then striking out; a 25/75 chance of getting the sac down; prolly a 40-60 chance of bunting into a DP.

Edited by greg775

2010 could've won with Thome

2011 could've won without Ozzie

Those are the themes of Sox Talk which we can't seem to move from. At some point you have to yawn.

I got a good laugh at this. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,6680701.story

"E-mailer Jack Lucas makes some interesting connections in a note he sent after I took a look back at the White Sox’s waiver claim of Alex Rios. He traces the current problems to Nov. 25, 2005, when Ken Williams traded Aaron Rowand to Philadelphia for Jim Thome. He says, “Rios is the by-product of the terrible (Nick) Swisher trade, when Kenny reached to try and fill the then Sox gaping hole in CF. Ironically, Swisher's failure ultimately led to the (Adam) Dunn signing -- as Swisher could have provided the left handed middle of the lineup bat that the Sox so desperately needed. So the snowball started with the exit of Aaron Rowand has turned into an avalanche.’’

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 06:49 AM)
2010 could've won with Thome

2011 could've won without Ozzie

Those are the themes of Sox Talk which we can't seem to move from. At some point you have to yawn.

I got a good laugh at this. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,6680701.story

"E-mailer Jack Lucas makes some interesting connections in a note he sent after I took a look back at the White Sox’s waiver claim of Alex Rios. He traces the current problems to Nov. 25, 2005, when Ken Williams traded Aaron Rowand to Philadelphia for Jim Thome. He says, “Rios is the by-product of the terrible (Nick) Swisher trade, when Kenny reached to try and fill the then Sox gaping hole in CF. Ironically, Swisher's failure ultimately led to the (Adam) Dunn signing -- as Swisher could have provided the left handed middle of the lineup bat that the Sox so desperately needed. So the snowball started with the exit of Aaron Rowand has turned into an avalanche.’’

I don't bring up Rowand more often because of the eruption it causes.

But it's obvious we have never replaced him and it was very bad for the team to lose him.

No, the Thome deal was a good one.

The whole problem was the trade of Chris Young and concomitant failure of Brian Anderson to evolve into the everyday CFer.

At that point, Rowand was getting more and more expensive and it was clear that they couldn't afford to keep all their 2005 WS pieces together, it was a rather logical move on one hand because Rowand hasn't earned his contract dollars for years (and he was injured a lot in Philly, too). You would have said at that time it was crazy to block one of your top prospects (if not #1 at the time) with Aaron Rowand (with a huge contract that KW never wanted or intended to give him, twice).

It was the putting all their eggs in the Brian Anderson basket that was the total fail there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 05:14 AM)
Thank you for the last sentence about Gardy. You proved my point how you can second guess any manager in any/every loss.

I hate second guessing in victories. If you second guess a victory, to me it's just stupid.

Ozzie will be the Marlins' manager next year, maybe next week, and you'll have fun blasting our next manager as well cause you can blame the manager/coach for any loss.

I hope you guys still enjoyed the win today despite your bagging on Ozzie.

He won the game; how can u be upset?

If Beckham would have bunted we may have lost the game? He probably had a 75/25 chance of fouling the first two bunts off then striking out; a 25/75 chance of getting the sac down; prolly a 40-60 chance of bunting into a DP.

A 40-60 percent chance of bunting into a DP with a runner on 2nd and no outs? It's probably like a 2% chance at most.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 02:25 AM)
I don't bring up Rowand more often because of the eruption it causes.

But it's obvious we have never replaced him and it was very bad for the team to lose him.

You obviously haven't monitored his career since he left here. He sucks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 11:14 PM)

You're the kind of guy that would praise Ozzie in this scenario:

Top of the 9th, 2 outs, at home against the Twins. We are up by 3 runs. Twins have the bases loaded with Cuddyer up. Ozzie brings in Ohman instead of Santos even though Santos hasn't pitched in 2 days. Cuddyer hits a double on the 1st pitch. 2 runs score...the guy at first makes it all the way home and is safe but is ultimately called out because he missed the 3rd base bag when rounding it. Sox get a lucky win because of a weird play. For some odd reason you think Ozzie made a great decision of bringing in Ohman over Santos because we somehow won in spite of the terrible managing.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 09:16 AM)
I saw it on TV!

Amazing the amount of negativity we have after a win. I hate it!

It was great to win but frankly my overall mood is still pretty negative. Just because we win one game you can't expect sunshine and lollipops. A little bit sure, but you have to wait till lots of things improve/change before all the negativity subsides. I hate the negativity too. That's why I'm staying out of game threads for now.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 11:29 AM)
It was great to win but frankly my overall mood is still pretty negative. Just because we win one game you can't expect sunshine and lollipops. A little bit sure, but you have to wait till lots of things improve/change before all the negativity subsides. I hate the negativity too. That's why I'm staying out of game threads for now.

Seems like it took a year to get to .500 and we went right backwards as soon as we got done with the NL. This team is going to have to blow right past .500 before the negative vibes dissolve. Our only saving grace is we're in a horses*** division.