White Sox vs. Twins, 1:10 CT, CSN

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 07:08 PM)
What pisses me off more than anything is that their piece of s*** hitters like Butera actually contribute. While ours don't do jack s***.

Looks like he was sitting on an offspeed pitch. Just amazes me how Peavy of 2006 would have just gassed these hitters above the belt.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
What pisses me off more than anything is that their piece of s*** hitters like Butera actually contribute. While ours don't do jack s***.

This offense is in a steep decline. Might be the worst in the AL sans the punchless A's and Mariners.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
Looks like he was sitting on an offspeed pitch. Just amazes me how Peavy of 2006 would have just gassed these hitters above the belt.

He's not locating well enough with the fast stuff. Doesn't help that the ump's been somewhat inconsistent.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 07:10 PM)
Get ready to pull him Ozzie! You should have a full bullpen, and it's beyond obvious he has nothing...anymore. That relief outing has just killed his arm.

I don't know about the relief outing, but he hasn't been all that sharp lately

And with our putrid offense this could be bad

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
I think at this point it's safe to say Peavy is at least a semi bi-product of Petco Park.

I will safely say he'll never be an above average pitcher again. That starters ERA well over 5 this year continues to be the most underrated struggle of our season. Pretty sure he has 2 quality starts all year. But hey, HE'S A LEADER! J4L, I just realized my two least favorite players on the team are Peavy and Rios.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
I think at this point it's safe to say Peavy is at least a semi bi-product of Petco Park.

Peavy has looked like a very ordinary pitcher since coming over. Fastball around 90, sporadic off speed stuff...has been very inconsistent.

Williams was trying to build his baseball card collection I suppose.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:14 PM)
Peavy has looked like a very ordinary pitcher since coming over. Fastball around 90, sporadic off speed stuff...has been very inconsistent.

Definitely mysterious what happened to his stuff.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)

It's not like he's giving up a ton of home runs at the Cell.

His peripherals this year are fine.