White Sox vs. Twins, 1:10 CT, CSN

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 07:23 PM)
I can't remember the last time he hit anything to LF, and I remember that he used to hit many bombs that direction with AZ and WAS.

Something that's gone under the radar is how bad the ball is coming off of his bat. He hit a few balls decently Friday and Saturday, and there was no pop in his bat. Sounds weird, but I was surprised that his homer off of Blackburn only went as far as it did.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 07:24 PM)
Peavy's had that 95 MPH fastball at least 2 times this season.

There's just no other choice but to be patient....and hope that it comes back. What else can do they do? We are 8-2 in his starts, although it feels like the same stat when Danny Wright or James Baldwin had good records but didn't pitch all that well.

From everything that you read, it's a gradual process where he's not expected to be 100% again for another 3-6 months at least.

And there's just no way that relief outing helped any.

For starters, stop using him like he's Terry Mulholland and has a rubber arm.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
I picked up on a quote in an article today that KW is ready to make major changes in PLAYERS and maybe the win yesterday and if we win today that might simmer down. But, now we have more of the same ineptness by the offense. I am going to say we still have some game to play, but this looks pretty bad. Maybe this all-star break will see some changes

KW talks a good game. Other than bringing up Dayan, which should've been done weeks ago, what the hell is he going to do? No tradeable assets in the system. You have maybe 5 players producing at an above league-average rate on the ML team. The rest either suck and/or are unmovable.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
Rios goes back on the ball, and then throws it poorly. Good god.....

I'm convinced Rios will be out of baseball while he's still under contract. Absolutely terrible player. Screw you summer of 2009

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
Wow, tagging up on a fly out that doesn't even get to the warning track? Holy cow is this team lackidasical today.

That has nothing to do with anything other than Juan's baby arm. He threw it as soon as he caught it, so there is was lazy or sloppy play there, he just throws like an 8-year-old.

"Chicago White Sox, when it comes to fundamentals, are horrendous."

Twins' radio.

It's over, done. They need to change the manager, period.

Rios getting his usual poor read this season. Konerko, had he cut that ball off, would have had Valencia at 2B.

And they're going to put Will Ohman in now?