HR Derby thread

Balta1701

Was hoping Bautista would put on a show. I guess not. Guys who have timing mechanisms in their swing probably have a hard getting the timing down. Especially guys with leg kicks. Holliday and Bautista both did poorly.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 10:07 PM)
Glad Cano won, he deserved it and cool that his dad was the pitcher.

I was surprised how much power he really has. He hit some absolute bombs in the first round.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
Chris Berman is a terrible human being, but especially so when he "calls" the HR Derby.

I missed the derby, but just went to see some highlights. The only reason I am posting in this thread is to ask how Berman has a job, let alone the derby. His "back back back" call is the worse signature I've ever heard from any commentator in any sport. Absolutely excruciating...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)
LOL, the HR derby is trash.

It's an enjoyable event that is made worse by being on ESPN. You don't always get a great year, but you can't tell me that things like a mammoth Thomas BP shot, that run by Hamilton, or the run by Abreu aren't entertaining.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:51 AM)
The Cano story was enjoyable to watch last night, especially for anyone with a son. As for the celebrity game, I can't believe how bad the production of that was from ESPN.

The biggest downside to the HR Derby is ESPN as well.