Poll: Viciedo, De Aza, Milledge and Danks

WHITESOXRANDY

Viciedo, De Aza, Milledge and Danks  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would the Sox be better off with these 4 guys replacing Dunn, Rios, Pierre and Quentin right now?

• Not as good
    • about the same
    • even better

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
From people I've talked to in the past, they've seen Danks' swing and don't think he'll have a prayer against MLB competition.

I don't think you need to see his swing to conclude that, his strikeout stats tell you that.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)
And some people don't care near enough.

Who would you say had good/bad AAA stats that didn't receive enough analysis on here? I watched the AAA All-Star Game last night, and was shocked at how awful the players in it were.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 08:48 AM)
Who would you say had good/bad AAA stats that didn't receive enough analysis on here? I watched the AAA All-Star Game last night, and was shocked at how awful the players in it were.

Stats in the PCL are particularly a well-acknowledged joke due to the propensity of altitude/heat aided hitter-havens in that league. Reno, SLC, Albuquerque, Colo Sprgs, Tucson, Vegas, Sacramento etc.

Then there's the idea that some org's like to keep their better talent in AA, with AAA being there for career minor-leaguers, rehabs, etc. A lot of "old" guys in that game last night.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

And some people don't care near enough.

There's a guy down in AAA easily outhitting Viciedo. In 83 games he's scored 75 times and knocked in 66. He has a .427 OBP and his OPS is 1.006. He's a big strong left handed bat and he can even run and steal some bases.

His name is Brandon Allen. I don't hear everyone saying that he needs to come up now because he's gonna tear up Major League baseball. He won't and neither will Viciedo.

Maybe, down the road, in 2-3 years they might be big-time hitters.

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)
There's a guy down in AAA easily outhitting Viciedo. In 83 games he's scored 75 times and knocked in 66. He has a .427 OBP and his OPS is 1.006. He's a big strong left handed bat and he can even run and steal some bases.

His name is Brandon Allen. I don't hear everyone saying that he needs to come up now because he's gonna tear up Major League baseball. He won't and neither will Viciedo.

Maybe, down the road, in 2-3 years they might be big-time hitters.

Brandon Allen is 25 and playing at altitude in Reno and in a ridiculous hitter's league. Not comparable.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 10:37 PM)
Brandon Allen is 25 and playing at altitude in Reno and in a ridiculous hitter's league. Not comparable.

No kidding. The PCL is a notorious hitter's league. Hell, Jerry Owens was putting up crazy numbers in that league.