Children banned from restaraunt

southsider2k5

I can't wait for the discrimination lawsuit.. :lolhitting

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/blogs/2011/li...an-6-years-old/

Restaurant Bans Kids Younger than 6 Years Old

by Audrey Morrison

Jul 12th, 2011

A 68-seat restaurant in a town about 15 miles east of Pittsburgh, Pa., is making headlines across the country after the owner emailed patrons telling them their young children are no longer welcome in his establishment.

Effective Saturday, children under six years old will be banned from McDain’s Restaurant in Monroeville.

“If I had children of these ages I would never contemplate taking them to this place,” Owner Michael Vuick explained to MSNBC. “We’ve never even had a children’s menu.”

According to McDain’s website, the atmosphere is upscale, quiet and casual and was originally opened in 2002 to serve as a “19th hole” for golfers finishing up a round at the adjacent McDain’s Golf Center.

Vuick claims the reason for the ban “is a three-part issue”— a growing number of babies that can’t be expected to be quiet, slightly older children with “increasingly poor manners” and parents who are uncooperative when it comes to controlling their children—and that it actually stemmed from customer complaints.

Since Vuick sent the email about the change in policy, he says the majority of the 400 or so responses he’s received have been positive and even thanked him for keeping unruly children from the restaurant.

That’s not to say every customer is on board with McDain’s newly restricted clientele.

Stephanie Kelley, mother of a 13-month-old and regular McDain’s patron sounded off to Pittsburgh TV station WTAE.

“I can’t believe this. I am offended,” Kelly vented. “This is just an ignorant policy.”

Vuick suspects business will take a hit because of people who feel the same way as Stephanie Kelley, but he could be wrong. In 2010, the owner of Olde Salty’s in North Carolina posted a “screaming children will not be tolerated” sign in her restaurant and later reported an increase in sales.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
I refused to take my kids out to eat with us until they were at least 5 or 6, and even then I didn't like it. And mine were generally good kids.

Agreed, if you're kids can't be disciplined in a quite setting then don't bring them there.

I can't believe some parents get offended when they are asked to quite their kids down. If you can't be a good citizen/neighbor then don't expect to be invited back in the future.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
Agreed, if you're kids can't be disciplined in a quite setting then don't bring them there.

I can't believe some parents get offended when they are asked to quite their kids down. If you can't be a good citizen/neighbor then don't expect to be invited back in the future.

Well, some people can be downright rude in asking people to quiet their kids. No excuse for that, either.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)
Well, some people can be downright rude in asking people to quiet their kids. No excuse for that, either.

So if you're at a nice restaurant or a movie theater trying to enjoy a nice dinner or movie and multiple whiny ass 2-3 year olds are going apes*** for no reason because that's what they do wouldn't piss you off? And management is not supposed to impose when they see their paying customers are getting annoyed by said whining/crying? What's rude? "tell your kid to shut the f*** up." Nobody does that. But you have to see their point of view.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
So if you're at a nice restaurant or a movie theater trying to enjoy a nice dinner or movie and multiple whiny ass 2-3 year olds are going apes*** for no reason because that's what they do wouldn't piss you off? And management is not supposed to impose when they see their paying customers are getting annoyed by said whining/crying? What's rude? "tell your kid to shut the f*** up." Nobody does that. But you have to see their point of view.

you aren't even addressing what's being said, just doing your "I'm EXTREEEME" schtick.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
What's rude? "tell your kid to shut the f*** up."

Yes, that is rude. If you can see that the parents are bothered by it and trying to do something, very rude. If you can see that they are sitting there ignoring it and not caring, then perhaps it would be more appropriate.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 04:12 PM)
Yes, that is rude. If you can see that the parents are bothered by it and trying to do something, very rude. If you can see that they are sitting there ignoring it and not caring, then perhaps it would be more appropriate.

If you've already told them to please quiet the kids down and they just brushed that aside, then it is most likely an appropriate response.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
I've learned two things about J4L in the last two days: don't have gay sex near him and don't bring your screaming kid near him. He really dislikes both.

:lolhitting

Its a private establishment, I see no problem with it. And I have a 2.5 year old, she is basically at the rowdiest age there is. We go to restaurants, but I have no issue with some of them choosing to not be a kid-friendly environment. Their choice.

When I open my restaurant, it will serve only animal byproduct products...meat, dairy, etc...thus banning BigSqwert without having to actually ban him by hanging a sign that 9 foot tall Vegan Hippy Sasquatches are not allowed in my establishment!

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 05:39 PM)
When I open my restaurant, it will serve only animal byproduct products...meat, dairy, etc...thus banning BigSqwert without having to actually ban him by hanging a sign that 9 foot tall Vegan Hippy Sasquatches are not allowed in my establishment!

That would be some very unappetizing food.