Smartphone Advice

chw42

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)
I learned a handful of shortcuts/tips that now allow me to swype incredibly faster. So yeah, it was worth my time.

I'm talking about Swype.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)
They're not saying it's their 4th generation network, they're saying it's a 4G network, as defined by the ITU/IEEE. TMobile has a HSDPA network, which is 3G. They're purposefully distorting the truth, so f*** them for helping muddy the waters and further confusing consumers.

They're about to get folded into AT&T next year anyhow, so meh.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
T Mobile annoys me with their fake ass borderline illegal advertising campaigns about their nations "biggest 4G network".

None of the networks have "REAL" 4G. The only reason Verizon has "4G" is because they got they got the organization that manages the naming system to capitulate and lower their standards for what 4G really is. Yes, Verizon uses parts of real 4G, but the speeds are NOT 4G.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:35 AM)
None of the networks have "REAL" 4G. The only reason Verizon has "4G" is because they got they got the organization that manages the naming system to capitulate and lower their standards for what 4G really is. Yes, Verizon uses parts of real 4G, but the speeds are NOT 4G.

Right, but at least it's LTE and does have SOME semblance of what 4G is, AT&T also has an LTE network going live. That said, you are right, only LTE "Advanced" is 100% 4G by the ITU standards...to that point, however, T-Mobile is nowhere near 4G.

I just left T-Mobile after three years. I bought the G2. I loved this phone. Til the screen cracked from such rough treatment as sitting in one place without movement. It's a known issue (LCD Bursting) in this phone, as well as problems with the hinge. Enough of an issue that T-Mobile and HTC discontinued production of the phone a couple months ago quietly.

Now I'm on ATT with a HTC Inspire 4G and I kind of like the phone, not going to lie.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:25 AM)
The 5 minutes or so to take the built-in swype tutorial is invaluable.

No doubt. And it's awesome that it popped up the first time I used the phone, or otherwise I probably would have never checked it out or tried it.