AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 05:36 AM)
After Friday's Twins game, I told myself I was done with this Sox team. I will watch them, but I won't get emotionally involved. If they complete the sweep, I might already be back in. :gosoxretro:

I believe in fresh starts after the AS Break.

The team should get a chance to prove itself this half, but there is a small window of opportunity to prove the Sox are a new team, a contender.

After all, the team is still two under .500.

If we are not gonna go on a huge winning streak, we're at least gonna have to win every series against Central teams.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
Definitely nice to see that Carlos has the balance back in his swing. Things get dangerous when he's on.

Good work Edwin. Screw you Fox.

I actually thought fox had a nice broadcast today. A few minor annoyances, but not bad. Even with two former tigers announcers.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
It'd be nice to see Flowers get a few hits in his season "debut" with the Sox.

It looks like the big change so far this half of the season will be to let Teahen play against righties at third base.

After Morel's woes, I actually am fine with that for now. Maybe the two should platoon. No need to start Teahen vs. lefties.

Has he quietly returned to third base?

Teahen has played at least average defense at 3rd from what I've seen this year. I have no problem with him there against righties. He brings some pop.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 11:36 PM)
After Friday's Twins game, I told myself I was done with this Sox team. I will watch them, but I won't get emotionally involved. If they complete the sweep, I might already be back in. :gosoxretro:

The Tigers have now lost six of their last eight series. In none of those six series did they force a rubber game.

To put it another way: In six of their last eight series, the Tigers have lost the first two games.

That includes their ongoing series at Comerica Park. The visiting White Sox beat Justin Verlander in the opener Friday night, then a former Tiger blanked them Saturday.

Right-hander Edwin Jackson guarded a two-run lead from the third through eighth. The White Sox added three in the ninth, then Jackson finished his nine-hit, 5-0 win.

Recent trends indicate the Tigers will win today’s series finale. In all five series they’ve lost lately, they dropped the first two games, then pulled out the finale of the three-game set.

In the American League Central, a division so far without a powerhouse, that pace has allowed the Tigers to stay in the race. They were seven games over .500 when they plunged into this pattern of losing the first two games of series. Now they’re four games over .500.

www.freep.com/sports

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 07:16 PM)
Maybe this is what he should strive to do more of. Because when he doesn't have his good stuff and tries to blow hitters away, it usually doesn't do him too much good.

He really wasn't overthrowing today either. It seemed to give him much better control

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 12:11 AM)
If White Sox management feel they are in this and are real contenders after the next two weeks - chances are Edwin won't get moved.

I tend to agree with your assessment. There are some uknowns right now with the Sox starters and E Jax can eat up innigs and throw lots of pitches. So much talent and it's puzzling why this guy isn't a consistent winner

Dunn is such a tease. Friday he gets a walk and a two RB single adn we are all thinking he is breaking out of it. They write stories about his heroics and how the 4 day break was good for him, etc, and so on. Saturday he k's three times and is 0-4. 1 for 8 in two games doesn't show much. Rios is just flat terrible too