7.16 games

bighurt4life

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 07:18 PM)
Kuhn 2-2, now at .373.

They really need to give him more of a look in Charlotte than the lousy 7 games he just returned from. The IL and Southern League aren't that far apart.

Apparently he was very pissed and still is about being demoted. He and his wife had given up their leased apartment when he went up to Charlotte. Now they're living with another couple. The White Sox at least had the decency to fly him back, albeit on a red eye, to Birmingham.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
Apparently he was very pissed and still is about being demoted. He and his wife had given up their leased apartment when he went up to Charlotte. Now they're living with another couple. The White Sox at least had the decency to fly him back, albeit on a red eye, to Birmingham.

That blows. I wonder when they took his Charlotte photo - he looks pissed.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...&pid=518906

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)

That was very imprudent on Kuhn's part I will say though.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 03:23 AM)
That was very imprudent on Kuhn's part I will say though.

What, giving up an apartment after being called up?

He's not exactly made a million dollars. Keeping an apt. in birmingham after moving to charlotte is a decent expense.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)

He's not exactly made a million dollars. Keeping an apt. in birmingham after moving to charlotte is a decent expense.

I need to retract that last comment. That was awfully stupid, ha.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)

He probably lived near the stadium in Hoover, so yes, it was probably expensive. I use to live a few miles from there and it wasn't cheap.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)

Did they tell him he was up for good or make him some sort of a promise?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 08:14 AM)
Did they tell him he was up for good or make him some sort of a promise?

Obviously they didn't. But, I'm sure eveyone assumed he was. They took his picture in Charlotte, Kyle Shelton switched to his jersey. I think everyone was shocked that he was sent back down so soon.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)
Obviously they didn't. But, I'm sure eveyone assumed he was. They took his picture in Charlotte, Kyle Shelton switched to his jersey. I think everyone was shocked that he was sent back down so soon.

Honestly I have no idea how that process works. Do they hear something like that first hand from someone in the Sox organization, or do they hear it from their current teams people? Do the players usually get told something is temporary until so and so comes off of the DL, or whatever? Who for the Sox is in charge of moving minor league players around when the situation arises?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 09:17 AM)
Honestly I have no idea how that process works. Do they hear something like that first hand from someone in the Sox organization, or do they hear it from their current teams people? Do the players usually get told something is temporary until so and so comes off of the DL, or whatever? Who for the Sox is in charge of moving minor league players around when the situation arises?

I don't know, but I think everyone thought he'd be up longer than 7 games. He's effectively being blocked by Gookie Dawkins and Drew Garcia.