Sox versus Tigers Game thread July 17

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
I really think Ozzie has a little bit of bravado and machismo going on against some of the Latin American players he knows well...he never seems to put any of them on...always challenges them.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

Sometimes it works, a lot of times it does not.

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
BECAUSE we know Dunn is NOT!!!!!!!! you like giving outs way?

And you have what proof of Viciedo being the savior? Crappy AAA pitching?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
No way we win this division with Ozzie and his bone headed decisions.

If we don't win, at least we won't have to bothered with Ozzie and his bone headed decisions next year.

I fear however the Sox won't make a good a managerial choice for his replacement

I assume the KC series is a 3-game series.

If the Sox continue being the Sox, they'll win one max and be 3-3 on the road trip.

Meanwhile, Minnie dusts off KC 3 of 4 again this week/weekend.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)
Why?

Teahen is a joke.

Morel can't hit.

Teahen needs to be DFA's...Morel needs more work on his hitting, but the Sox have moved Viciedo off third base...he's not coming back there.

Dayan will be DH, LF, or RF for the White Sox this year-if at all.

Third base is just a dead position for us right now and I see no quick fixes. Unless you want to move Gordo back there and Lillibridge to 2nd. Even that idea isn't so great.

Maybe we could just play without a third baseman.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
For a team that was supposed to be all in - why not Beltre? He was available.

You can't be all in and still have major, glaring weaknesses

Sox obviously are banking on getting hot and proving this roster is the right roster.

Or else they'd have made some changes at the break.

Bringing up Dayan is a no brainer still.

2 of 3 vs. Detroit isn't bad. Let's see if they keep it up or suck in KC.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
Teahen needs to be DFA's...Morel needs more work on his hitting, but the Sox have moved Viciedo off third base...he's not coming back there.

Dayan will be DH, LF, or RF for the White Sox this year-if at all.

Third base is just a dead position for us right now and I see no quick fixes. Unless you want to move Gordo back there and Lillibridge to 2nd. Even that idea isn't so great.

Maybe we could just play without a third baseman.

I understand.

But with Pierre hitting .270 and going nowhere, I'd just stick Viciedo at third right now.

Of course if he commits 2 errors a game that would offset anything he'd do with the bat.

We're f***ed unless they trade Juan.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
I understand.

But with Pierre hitting .270 and going nowhere, I'd just stick Viciedo at third right now.

Of course if he commits 2 errors a game that would offset anything he'd do with the bat.

Honestly, Viciedo may need to come up and platoon with Dunn and also spot start in RF and LF some...Dunn is simply atrocious against LH pitching.

If they played DV against lefties at DH and give CQ an off day now and then Viciedo could get plenty of ABs.

Third base is just a dead zone right now...

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Well, good news is that Team USA just scored, and is winning in the World Cup final game, and Breaking Bad S4 premiers tonight. So all isn't lost.

Yeah I cant wait for the new Breaking Bad series

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
I understand.

Right...let's put a guy who is basically a DH at 3rd.

Teahen showed TREMENDOUS promise early in his career. The dude looked like he could flirt with 20 homers/20 steals and a +.280 average. But his trajectory is on a severe negative plane and he is producing his worst for our team. Yet, we still run him out there. The player really doesn't look like a legitimate major leaguer at this point.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
Teahen showed TREMENDOUS promise early in his career. The dude looked like he could flirt with 20 homers/20 steals and a +.280 average. But his trajectory is on a severe negative plane and he is producing his worst for our team. Yet, we still run him out there. The player really doesn't look like a legitimate major leaguer at this point.

Dunno...thought he's been swinging the bat well lately. Fortunately for him they face 3 righties in a a row or he wouldn't see the lineup for 4-5 days straight. Hard to get in a rhythm when you don't play that much. He hasn't been that awful bad IMO...

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
Dunno...thought he's been swinging the bat well lately. Fortunately for him they face 3 righties in a a row or he wouldn't see the lineup for 4-5 days straight. Hard to get in a rhythm when you don't play that much. He hasn't been that awful bad IMO...

Isn't he hitting about .205? With 3 homers? There are pitchers with better BAs than Teahen...and before we bring up Dunn (who is worse) and Rios, I am in favor of sitting those guys down too.