Sox versus Tigers Game thread July 17

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
What a s***ty way for Humber's night to end. He had great stuff working too, just a lot of bad luck and Tigers hitting good pitchers pitches.

How was Humber today? I had to do something and missed the runs.

It seemed like he had a lot of facial gestures in the early innings I watched.

I didn't see CQ's blunder. He's been pretty good out there this year. Was it a rare big-time error?

I had hopes for the offense. Not good to have a s***ty game against Penny. Bottom line is we need to get clutch hits or we aren't doing anything the second half.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)
How was Humber today? I had to do something and missed the runs.

It seemed like he had a lot of facial gestures in the early innings I watched.

I didn't see CQ's blunder. He's been pretty good out there this year. Was it a rare big-time error?

I had hopes for the offense. Not good to have a s***ty game against Penny. Bottom line is we need to get clutch hits or we aren't doing anything the second half.

Humber had about 4 great innings and 2 iffy innings. He really struggled with his control here in the 6th.

But...Alexei had a real bad play that turned into a double. Quentin didn't make a "big" error but he's bobbled 2 balls this same inning.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
Humber's mechanics were off in that inning. You could see he was falling off pretty hard to his left, and every pitch was sailing to his left.

I was surprised Cooper didn't come out, esp. after the 4 pitch Ordonez walk.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Just seems he loses it so fast...Leyland might have won this game by putting the runners in motion.

Humber sorta lost his release point earlier in the game too, the 3rd inning I think, but he didn't get burned beyond that first run. Then he snapped back and killed again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)
Humber's mechanics were off in that inning. You could see he was falling off pretty hard to his left, and every pitch was sailing to his left.

I saw him falling off in the second or third inning.

I think he may need a little fine tuning for the second half to continue this magical season.

Though it sounds like the defense f***ed him. I didn't see it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 12:14 PM)
Just seems he loses it so fast...Leyland might have won this game by putting the runners in motion.

he does, and that's why it should just be an auto hook. I know he's gotten out of some jams before but this late in the game, coming off the shelling he had last outing? I just don't get it.