7/18 GT: Sox @ Royals, 7:10pm

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)
Twins tie it 2-2 on Valencia solo homer off Carmona.

Go Twins!!!

Rooting for the Twins when they are 1.5 games behind us? In that series just be happy one of them has to lose. I respect the Twins as a division contender more than the Indians anyway.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
Rooting for the Twins when they are 1.5 games behind us? In that series just be happy one of them has to lose. I respect the Twins as a division contender more than the Indians anyway.

But that all changes if they can acquire a Beltran or Jose Reyes caliber of player.

7 in a row retired.....13 consecutive starts where Buehrle hasn't given up more than 3 runs (at most). Amazingly consistent at this stage in his career.

I'd almost rather go 2 seasons at $14-15 million (with Mark) than Danks for five years at the same money. Those huge, long-term pitching contracts are just so risky.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
That level of midseason move just doesn't sound like the Twins to me.

I meant the Indians.

They're one more bat away (without Shoo) from being a very, very solid team.

3-2 Indians, still threatening with 1st/3rd and just one out. New pitcher for the Twins.

Edited by caulfield12

Lillibridge was out.

Lucky call.

Rios on the road versus Dunn's overall BA. It's the most interestingly egregious stat we can track, the battle to get to .150.

I hope that wasn't Rios running at his top speed there.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
But that all changes if they can acquire a Beltran or Jose Reyes caliber of player.

7 in a row retired.....13 consecutive starts where Buehrle hasn't given up more than 3 runs (at most). Amazingly consistent at this stage in his career.

I'd almost rather go 2 seasons at $14-15 million (with Mark) than Danks for five years at the same money. Those huge, long-term pitching contracts are just so risky.

Really? I was hoping a bit less money maybe about 10-12, even Konerko isnt that highly paid. Maybe Buerhle would take somewhat of a discount with us. Danks I doubt would demand that much given how this season has been on him. Hopefully we can lock him up to long term somewhere between 9-11 million per

Edited by kapzk

That'll work.

But Gordon, you just don't look dangerous up there. If he hit out of a bit more of a crouch and had his bat more parallel to the ground...I don't know, if I was an opposing pitcher, I'd just pump in fastball after fastball and dare him to beat me with his hands.

AJ trying to get another balk call.

God....the thing they need most is a REAL 3B, and they're boxed in not being able to do anything to acquire one, unless it's just a 2 month rental.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
Really? I was hoping a bit less money maybe about 10-12, even Konerko isnt that highly paid. Maybe Buerhle would take somewhat of a discount with us. Danks I doubt would demand that much given how this season has been on him. Hopefully we can lock him up to long term somewhere between 9-11 million per

No, John Danks will not sigh that contract. He might go for 5/$80 if you offered that now.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 08:15 PM)

Danks is going to get paid big-time, and it won't be anything close to $9-10 million for a long-term deal.

Warming up to the idea of the Twins getting swept and being 2 1/2 behind us...one way or the other, we're going to have to beat the Indians and Twins head-to-head down the stretch.

Buehrle has gone 13 starts without giving up more than 3 runs. And yet he's winless for a month. That's all you need to know about the Sox offensive offense.

Edited by caulfield12