7/18 GT: Sox @ Royals, 7:10pm

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
I agree that if Brent isn't the starter, he needs to be sent down. Omar is just fine as a D-replacement and occasional starter.

Yes, it's totally ridiculous if Morel is now in a platoon only against lefties plus d replacement. Morel NEEDS the 4 AB daily, because his future, if he has one, is not as part of a platoon. Meanwhile, DV can actually help the team with his bat, and will learn more against MLB pitching at this juncture, even if playing 4-5 games/wk. Omar covers the roster holes as you mentioned.

This seems unbelievably obvious.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
Don't forget that Morel in a platoon role is even more ridiculous since he's terrible against LHP.

Totally. Their inflexibility in making ANY roster changes to help the offense is mind-boggling.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
Totally. Their inflexibility in making ANY roster changes to help the offense is mind-boggling.

Honestly, the more realistic lineup decision they can make right now is sending down Morel and calling up De Aza. It gives you more flexibility with pinch running and allows you to bench Rios once a week without having to make Lillibridge face RHP.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
Their inflexibility in making ANY roster changes to help the offense is mind-boggling.

so, so true. I look around at every other roster and they're making moves not only driven by injuries but needs as well. I hate it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
Honestly, the more realistic lineup decision they can make right now is sending down Morel and calling up De Aza. It gives you more flexibility with pinch running and allows you to bench Rios once a week without having to make Lillibridge face RHP.

I don't mind that, but if we do that, I'd also like Lilli sent down to make room for DV.

Margalus at SSS agrees with us among others, I mean it just makes too much sense. I'll never understand why this team was so hesitant to inject some new blood.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 05:09 PM)
so, so true. I look around at every other roster and they're making moves not only driven by injuries but needs as well. I hate it.

Teahen four days in a row... maybe they're showcasing him for a trade?

I, like many Royals' fans, am taking tonight's game off. People in KC have grown really, really tired of Davies. We've got a 6 man rotation for some reason, probably the same reason Davies is still on the roster.

That said, I'm sure he'll pitch well tonight, well enough to give our front office a reason to continue to run him out there every 5 (6) days. FML.