7/18 GT: Sox @ Royals, 7:10pm

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 09:02 PM)
Seems very very weird to be cheering FOR the Twins, one of the first few times I can remember that in a regular season game against a division opponent.

Did Rios really line out hard or was it just the "soft" liner variety?

Then again, it's off Davies so you would hope he would accidentally make hard contact against someone.

Cheapest single of Beckham's life, should have been a DP ball!! 9 game hitting streak, 14 hits in those games.

Rios's ball was off the end of the bat.

Can't Teahen AT LEAST hit well against his former team?

UGH.

Does anyone else think 2-5 against the Royals over a two week span is enough to get SOMEONE fired?

Probably not. Only 0-4, and the Royals just aren't capable of pulling THAT off.

Buehrle already has 57 pitches to get 9 outs. Definitely a bullpen night...at least going that way.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 07:50 PM)
I actually get this game on the Royals broadcast! Too bad their announcers are a freaking bore; it sounds like their calling a round of golf.

There's not much you can do with Royal's baseball. It's gotta be similar to having one of those jobs licking stamps for bulk mail.

I'm not understanding exactly why Morel is still on this roster when they can bring up another bat in either Milledge or DeAza.

Viciedo has to stay unless he gets to play everyday.

I'm really to the point where I just want to move Pierre to CF and stick Viciedo in the line-up. That's a scary bad defense, but having 2 huge holes in our line-up, well 3 if you include the 3B position, it's just not going to work.

And that's counting on Pierre and Beckham as "good" hitters.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 08:19 PM)
I'm really to the point where I just want to move Pierre to CF and stick Viciedo in the line-up. That's a scary bad defense, but having 2 huge holes in our line-up, well 3 if you include the 3B position, it's just not going to work.

I'm not sure the offense would be good enough to compensate for that.

What the heck was Moustakas doing there?

Dunn really was fortunate not to get strike calls with a couple of those pitches.

Thankfully, Davies only has one more inning (97 pitches) unless we go out in 5-6-7 pitches, which is possible with AJ and Rios hitting.

Edited by caulfield12

Dunn could not have been more behind on a 94 mph fastball. This seems like every game we have at KC. We get early lead, can't put it out of reach, KC gets a big hit to tie it...and then we lose in the 11th with our worst pitcher on the mound.