It is sooooo hot...

southsider2k5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
I know it's in traffic and all, but my car thermometer hit 121 today. It's f***ing broiling down here.

Thats always awesome isn't it?

mine was at 106 today, and that was all the way until the sun went down.. man i hate texas so much

I know a lot of you are like "oh its better than snow all the time" but you would change that tune quickly when its still in the 90's into November, like it was last year down here..

Its hotter than two squirrels f***in in a tube sock

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 03:40 AM)

mine was at 106 today, and that was all the way until the sun went down.. man i hate texas so much

I know a lot of you are like "oh its better than snow all the time" but you would change that tune quickly when its still in the 90's into November, like it was last year down here..

I'd take it. There's nothing good about snow.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 03:40 AM)

The low was 86. The night before last, it was 85. So, for 72 hours now, it's been 85 or hotter. That's crazy, even for Texas.

Even for all that, I would take this before the whole winter of snow.

:lol: on the tube sock comment. I haven't heard that one before.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
I'd take a Houston summer over a Chicago winter anyday.

Everybody says that, but its until you actually experience it when youre like holy s***, this is brutal..

When its cold outside, you can throw on clothes and a beanie to at least keep yourself warm when outside.. there is no escape from the heat

You literally start sweating 5 steps out of the front door, it takes like 25 minutes for your cars AC to start getting cold, and after it rains? it immediately goes back to 85-90 temp and its so humid it feels like you are drowning in the air..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)
Everybody says that, but its until you actually experience it when youre like holy s***, this is brutal..

When its cold outside, you can throw on clothes and a beanie to at least keep yourself warm when outside.. there is no escape from the heat

You literally start sweating 5 steps out of the front door, it takes like 25 minutes for your cars AC to start getting cold, and after it rains? it immediately goes back to 85-90 temp and its so humid it feels like you are drowning in the air..

I did five different times (3 in Webster and 2 in Conroe)

When it's freezing cold, you don't want to move, it's unbearable. When it's hot, you can at least move. You're uncomfortable, but not f*** my life I don't want to move at all cold. Rather be way hot than way cold. We just had 100+ heat indexes here, and I'd take that over the sub zero temps.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)
When it's freezing cold, you don't want to move, it's unbearable. When it's hot, you can at least move. You're uncomfortable, but not f*** my life I don't want to move at all cold. Rather be way hot than way cold. We just had 100+ heat indexes here, and I'd take that over the sub zero temps.

this

In my mind, if you live in chicago - you can only complain about one extreme, not both. I'll take 100+ over below zero every single day

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)

This this this. I was still able to go golfing when it was 90+ and humid at 7pm last week. How can I golf in the super cold? Can I jump in a swimming pool and see chicks in bikinis when it's super cold? Would I rather mow the lawn once a week, while sweating feeling good, or shovel 3-5 times a week?

These are important questions I demand answered.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:00 AM)
This this this. I was still able to go golfing when it was 90+ and humid at 7pm last week. How can I golf in the super cold? Can I jump in a swimming pool and see chicks in bikinis when it's super cold? Would I rather mow the lawn once a week, while sweating feeling good, or shovel 3-5 times a week?

These are important questions I demand answered.

Owned.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
The 1980 heat wave is going to get a run for its money here.

110 for the next week and no end in sight.

There is an end in sight...it's called Autumn. And then Winter. :P

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)
The nights after hot days are so damn nice. This is why I would take this over any other season.

Lately though it hasn't really been cooling off at night. Last weekend I was outside sitting in a chair at 10 PM and still sweating.

But I love sleeping under a fan or in air conditioning.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)
Lately though it hasn't really been cooling off at night. Last weekend I was outside sitting in a chair at 10 PM and still sweating.

Yep. It's been a sweaty experience walking to the bus stop at 3:15 AM. 80 degrees at 3 AM is not a "low temperature".