Adam Dunn Articles and Quotes thread

oldsox

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 02:40 AM)
I wonder if Dunn can even hit minor league pitching at this point.

He's that bad.

Someone call Brian McNamee or Greg Anderson stat, their other client needs a fix

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)
What a terrible situation for all parties involved. Honestly, aside from continually hitting him 4th, Ozzie is doing what he should.

Just give him a permanent spot at No. 7 the next 3.5 seasons til his contract runs out.

Got to play him unless he retires.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
At first I was like "YAY DUNN!"

And now I'm like "BOO"

Seriously, this signing has worked out absolutely horrendously so far. I just can't believe it. This guy was supposed to be Mr. Consistent.

Hopefully next year he will actually spend the winter training for the season. What ever he did to prepare for the NL season (which is do nothing) obviously isn't cutting it here.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)
Hopefully next year he will actually spend the winter training for the season. What ever he did to prepare for the NL season (which is do nothing) obviously isn't cutting it here.

I love ignorant statements that have no merit.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
I love ignorant statements that have no merit.

Save the fact that Adam Dunn has stated he doesn't pick up a baseball bat in the offseason. There's some merit there... I'd reckon picking up a baseball bat might assist in his not sucking so much.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
Save the fact that Adam Dunn has stated he doesn't pick up a baseball bat in the offseason. There's some merit there... I'd reckon picking up a baseball bat might assist in his not sucking so much.

Not picking up a bat worked for the first 10 seasons of his career. That being said, I would like to see him change it up this offseason after this debacle.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
Not picking up a bat worked for the first 10 seasons of his career. That being said, I would like to see him change it up this offseason after this debacle.

Yeah, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

But it's broke. Fix it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)

But he's done it his whole career and has arguably been the most consistent player in baseball for the past 7 or so years.

It's not like he just decided to not give a s*** this off-season, he just continued to do what he always has, which has always worked. I've seen people mention that a bunch of times now and it's just not a good reason.

After just days ago remaining steadfastly confident in seasonlong slumpers Adam Dunn and Alex Rios, Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen seems to have reversed course on the latter, parking the Canyonero for Tuesday’s game vs. Kansas City Royals lefthander Danny Duffy — and perhaps longer.

I think this guy has "former" and "latter" confused.

The Dunn situation seems to have gone from bad to worse. I think if he continues to suck this year and next, then he'd call it quits. However, the team needs to make a decision about him. If he's only playing against RHP, then get Viciedo up immediately.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)

In an interview with Yahoo's Jeff Passan, Dunn talks rather candidly about his thoughts of quitting the game altogether, which is just further proof that this horrid slump is so deep in his head that he may never get out of it.

“If I’m not having fun anymore, I’ll go home,” Dunn told Yahoo! Sports. “Flat out. I’ll go home. I mean that. Swear to goodness. I’ll. Go. Home. I enjoy playing. Even though I suck. Or have been sucking. I enjoy playing the game. Love it. But as soon as I lose that, I’m gone, dude. It’s true.

“How many games can you play doing this? This is ridiculous. You get to a point, and you’re like …”

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)

oh please. he's not gonna quit. i like how there's just no explanation for dunn's struggles. he just keeps expecting things to turn around.

"For two months, be the best player in the league. And if I can do that, we’re going to win a lot of games."

I think tonight was the 98th game of the season. Time is almost up on Adam Dunn.

Pretty epic stretch of games we have coming up. Hope he starts hitting FINALLY.

If not just pin this season on him.

Considering this quote

Even if he talks about quitting, he cannot imagine taking the leap.

“It’s not going to happen,” he says. “Zero chance. Zero. You can’t get this competition anywhere else, dude. I don’t care where you look. Nowhere else. It’s one-on-one, dude. And you can’t find that anywhere. …

I'd say the answer is no.

This stat is amazing

can’t hit with two strikes (12 for 181 with 124 strikeouts, an .066 average

Edited by Dick Allen

It's time for people to quit believing in the dream that he's going to turn it around.

He's not.

He's been bad for an entire year.

He's shown ZERO evidence that he's going to get on a tear.

He and Kenny Williams have put the Sox in a bad, bad, bad, bad situation.

They'll be behind the Twins by the end of the weekend.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 10:36 PM)
It's time for people to quit believing in the dream that he's going to turn it around.

He's not.

He's been bad for an entire year.

He's shown ZERO evidence that he's going to get on a tear.

He and Kenny Williams have put the Sox in a bad, bad, bad, bad situation.

They'll be behind the Twins by the end of the weekend.

If it weren't for the Twins injuries this year, the Sox would be in 4th place.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 04:38 AM)
I'd rather watch the young guys personally than these stiffs. Blow it up....

Amen.

At least the Sox have gotten so boring and bad that the fanbase will OK getting rid of about anybody on this dull team.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)
To everyone who says he won't quit...if hes hitting .150 next May and on the bench, do you think he'd endure that for 2.5 more years?

For $14 million a year?

I'd definitely stick around being terrible at baseball and drowning in boos for three years. I bet Dunn would, too.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 04:43 AM)
For $14 million a year?

I'd definitely stick around being terrible at baseball and drowning in boos for three years. I bet Dunn would, too.

Yeah, it's impossible to turn down that money.

There's just no way to simply quit unless the Sox pay him 3/4s of that money maybe?

3/4s of it to just go away?