7/19 GT: Sox @ Royals, 7:10pm

Then go ahead and laugh, and take part in 4 pages of threads speculating on ridiculous rumors that make no sense.

I mean everyone has their own way of enjoying baseball. The Sox team is flawed in terms of offense, but I think they have the best pitching staff. Im not just going to throw away a season less than 5 games back in a weak division. Im not going to just assume Cleveland will beat them or any of the other stuff.

It may happen, but until then Ill believe that the Sox have a chance. In reality the Sox could be winning more games with some simple fixes, its just a question of whether the GM/Manager are submarining the team at this point. Because some one has to be trying to lose here.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 03:50 AM)
Then go ahead and laugh, and take part in 4 pages of threads speculating on ridiculous rumors that make no sense.

I mean everyone has their own way of enjoying baseball. The Sox team is flawed in terms of offense, but I think they have the best pitching staff. Im not just going to throw away a season less than 5 games back in a weak division. Im not going to just assume Cleveland will beat them or any of the other stuff.

It may happen, but until then Ill believe that the Sox have a chance. In reality the Sox could be winning more games with some simple fixes, its just a question of whether the GM/Manager are submarining the team at this point. Because some one has to be trying to lose here.

We're all still watching the games every night, Badger. We just see no reason to believe.

It's the same ol s*** week after week.

I fully expect to lose tomorrow and that will be four of the last six in the last 2 weeks to KC.

We'll probably get a good pitching performance, though. I like our pitching staff; hate our pathetic hitters.

I'm sure it'll be Omar time soon since Teahen and Morel can't hit. And yet Viciedo is in the minors.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 09:50 PM)

Sure they have a chance. So does the twins, the tigers, and the indians. I believe we have the best pitching, we however have one of the worst offenses in the AL. And in the end the game is to outscore your opponent. I haven't seen one thing to say that this is getting fixed anytime soon. Until our offense gets its head out of its ass its hard to say we can make a run to win this division. And we have a mountain of evidence over the course of a season that is proving this.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
Twins bail out the White Sox and possibly save their season by walking off Chris Perez.

2-1 Twins. Bases loaded two-run single by Danny Valencia after Mauer walk, Cuddyer double and Thome was intentionally walked.

how does this help us? It just means the Twins are into the race...and we ALL KNOW what happens when the sox play that team.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
how does this help us? It just means the Twins are into the race...and we ALL KNOW what happens when the sox play that team.

It definitely does help us cuz its still keeps us only 4.5 games out of the division lead. We still got 65 games left in the season and in our past 65 games we have gained 6.5 games on the division leader. So there is certainly hope to win the division. 4.5 Games is not a huge lead by any means, but ofcourse our s***box offense needs to contribute asap if we plan on taking the division

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 11:06 PM)
It definitely does help us cuz its still keeps us only 4.5 games out of the division lead. We still got 65 games left in the season and in our past 65 games we have gained 6.5 games on the division leader. So there is certainly hope to win the division. 4.5 Games is not a huge lead by any means, but ofcourse our s***box offense needs to contribute asap if we plan on taking the division

And moves the Twins closer. Once they pass us, the season is pretty much over. Haven't they beaten us 29 of the last 36 games? That's little league stuff.

any1 who really thinks the Sox do not have a shot at the division gotta be kidding. Fortunately for us the division is a joke as we all know. Second, we have 13 games remaining vs CLE and 9 vs Det who are the two team ahead of us in the race. Yes we have one of the worst offense in the league. But at the same token we have one of the best pitching in the league. With our pitching, we are always going to be in the ballgame, and will have a shot to win every game they pitch us. Being only 4.5 out, and facing the guys ahead of us enough times, we control our fate and we can right the ship still even this late in the season with the crummy record that we have.

I don't think it's we don't 'have a shot' at the division...the numbers clearly say we do, but watching this team, specifically the offense leads one to believe that our level of suck will override any other level of suck our rivals can muster and thus we'll be out of the hunt.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 03:06 AM)

This season has just flat out sucked to be a fan.

The All-In crap and a season that, to date, has a season-high win streak of four games.

Team gets buried early, plays good enough to win a lot of series to get within five games. Continuing to lose, lose, lose games in frustrating fashion.

Continuing to get owned by divisional foes.

What a s*** ass season. And now you remind us there's only 65 games left. Finally we are officially starting to run out of time to make something out of this season.

We look forward to the season all winter and this season has FLAT OUT SUCKED to date.

The only thing(s) fans have had to embrace is a.) it's still early and b.) everybody else in the division sucks, too.

What a s***ty season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 12:07 AM)
This team is what it is... barely .500 and completely forgettable in a few seasons. What a disappointment.

BARELY .500?

Last I checked this was a sub .500 team. We have one of the worst lineups in baseball.

The only reason we're not 20 games below is because we do have a great pitching staff.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 05:50 AM)
BARELY .500?

Last I checked this was a sub .500 team. We have one of the worst lineups in baseball.

The only reason we're not 20 games below is because we do have a great pitching staff.

I think this team ultimately will plummet rather than contend.

The hitting is not going to magically improve. f***, it's August almost.