7/19 GT: Sox @ Royals, 7:10pm

Once again Ozzie too late with the bullpen.

Peavy's just not going to have his good stuff this year. It might never come back....but hopefully.

Still nobody up.

They just can't make a desperation move for this season based on a 10-15% of making the playoffs. There are 3 other teams (possibly) in this.

Unless Peavy can throw 92-95 MPH, he's never going to be more than the most expensive 4th/5th starter in baseball not named Barry Zito.

Sale finally warming up. Maybe they'll get out of this down by just 1 run.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
Ozzie needs to go. He's totally mismanaged this inning. The most important thing managing in MLB is managing your pitching staff and this inning he has been about as poor as you can get.

Sure fire him but them he'll go to Miami and win 14 titles and we'll have Cora be our next manager. Then we're all going to complain how he sucks. You have to blame the players for not making the plays in this inning.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
Peavy's stuff is so lackluster, he's done...

I agree. The dude does battle, he is a warrior out there, but this guy we're watching pales in comparison to the dude who used to pitch for the Padres...he's got nothing in the tank at this point. He did hit 90 on one pitch, but his fastballs are 87-89 and his slider is rolling far more than is used to.

They need to shut this guy down. He really is doing it with guts at this point, which I respect that, but something isn't right with this guy.

This pitcher used to be filthy, had electric stuff and now he's a step up from a junk baller. Very sad...hopefully he does get it back at some point because at this point it's about a dude's LIFE and not just a win tonight.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 08:53 PM)
The bullpen probably isn't even ready yet.

I'm sure that is the reason, but its no excuse. Not any stall tactic, didn't get anyone up until the cattle was out of the barn. It doesn't take long to get loose in these conditions.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
so a guy who's been complaining of fatigue battles with less than stellar stuff but you don't have anyone up the third time thru the order in the 7th inning. Just wanted to make sure I got that right.

Yup. Fatigue shmatigue.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)
I agree. The dude does battle, he is a warrior out there, but this guy we're watching pales in comparison to the dude who used to pitch for the Padres...he's got nothing in the tank at this point. He did hit 90 on one pitch, but his fastballs are 87-89 and his slider is rolling far more than is used to.

They need to shut this guy down. He really is doing it with guts at this point, which I respect that, but something isn't right with this guy.

This pitcher used to be filthy, had electric stuff and now he's a step up from a junk baller. Very sad...hopefully he does get it back at some point because at this point it's about a dude's LIFE and not just a win tonight.

What good is shutting him down going to do? He needs to pitch and pick up some strength. Its ironic the outing that killed him was one when he was basically unhittable, the relief outing he had.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
I'm sure that is the reason, but its no excuse. Not any stall tactic, didn't get anyone up until the cattle was out of the barn. It doesn't take long to get loose in these conditions.

The bullpen didn't get up until after te 3rd run came in and then that was Sale.

Not excuses, just the reality.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)
That's what I'm saying. It was poor managing.

Not defending him. Someone should have been up at the start of the inning. Just don't pretend that the pen can be ready in :45.