7/19 GT: Sox @ Royals, 7:10pm

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
I watch this team, and the first thing that comes to mind is....we need a righty reliever. BTW, how awful is our Morel/Teahen platoon against LHP?

How awful is Lillibridge these days?

11th in the AL in OPS with a $127+ million roster.

3-4 against the Royals might be even worse in some ways than our record against MN and DET this year.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 07:18 PM)
If CLE throttles us this weekend at home, that could be the end.

5 1/2 back if things continue where they are at the moment tonight, 4 1/2 behind Tigers.

agree. great chance for Cleveland to put the Sox in a hole.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 07:23 PM)
But thats because Ozzie doesnt manage that way, he will always take out a pitcher 1 pitch to late. He barely ever takes a guy out 1 pitch to early.

But with a sluggish offense he has to do all he can to protect that lead that late in the game. He got a QS from Jake, no more needed. He did his job.

I agree, I think that you have a guy warming up to start the inning because the entire pen is rested.

Im just saying that Ozzie is not about shortening the game with bullpen. I disagree with him, but unfortunately hes the manager for the conceivable future.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
Kenny is on dope if he thinks adding a righty RP is the final piece to this puzzle.

Especially when he trades Viciedo for a reliever. There is no reason that he isnt up. The fact that he isnt up, tells me that he is going going gone.