"I'm Ready"

southsider2k5

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
If KW wants Viciedo up all he has to do is trade Quentin. Dunn is going nowhere with that salary ditto with Rios, if Pierre is moved Ozzie will run Lilli or De Aza out to LF everyday.

I still want to see what the elf can do with an everyday shot. As hot as he got early and as good as his swing looked, there's something salvageable there, but he's never going to break out of this slump playing 1 game a week.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
Dunn needs to hit the DL. Minimum 15 game trip, but it allows like 7-10 days to clear his head and completely forget about baseball (while still training) and then you get him 5 games against garbage in AAA.

I would love to see this. I can imagine that if he did start to rake against AAA then he could be a big addition in early August.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)
The biggest problem with blaming the GM is that the GM may simply have no power here. If he can't force the manager to play the kid, the manager refuses to play the kid...and the owner has decided that the GM can't remove the manager...then the GM is powerless.

The manager can't play the kid if he's in AAA.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
The manager can't play the kid if he's in AAA.

Exactly. As GM, you bring him up and see what Ozzie does. If the offense continues to play like garbage and Ozzie doesn't give Dayan any chances, the media, in theory, would be all over Ozzie for sitting a potentially good/great hitter.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
Exactly. As GM, you bring him up and see what Ozzie does. If the offense continues to play like garbage and Ozzie doesn't give Dayan any chances, the media, in theory, would be all over Ozzie for sitting a potentially good/great hitter.

We saw last year what Ozzie did. He benched him.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
Dunn needs to hit the DL. Minimum 15 game trip, but it allows like 7-10 days to clear his head and completely forget about baseball (while still training) and then you get him 5 games against garbage in AAA.

They should have put him on the DL before returning from his appendectomy and let him get back in the swing of things so to speak. I really wonder if there are mechanical problems as a result of trying to swing through the pain from the surgery that have developed.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)
They should bring up Viciedo and send Morel to AAA.

Have Quentin and Viciedo rotate between RF and DH.

Dunn can play once or twice a week.

I'm for this.

Hell, as far as I'm concerned you can have Juan take over in Center for Rios a couple times a week, too.

An outfield of Viciedo-Pierre-Quentin would be abominably atrocious, but this team is not going to win anyway unless the offense gets a jump start fast. Pretty soon its going to be time to pull the goalie.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)

And maybe he will bench him and as the GM you can't control who the manager plays. But at least you are providing him with the best possible roster in your opinion, how he chooses to use it is on him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
And maybe he will bench him and as the GM you can't control who the manager plays. But at least you are providing him with the best possible roster in your opinion, how he chooses to use it is on him.

But then you're hurting Viciedo by, again, benching him (note the difference in my reaction to Santiago being benched and to Viciedo being benched).

You can't let Ozzie screw with Viciedo again, you just can't. He needs to be playing everyday.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
That's not bad. Who gets 3B in that scenario? Omar? Please no.

Teahen? Gosh no.

Teahen/Omar platoon. Lilli in a pinch, no biggie.

When Dayan is called up there needs to be an understanding that he plays 5 days a week. Shouldn't be that hard, but is it possible with the working realationship of KW and Oz?

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)

Exactly. And I'm sure Kenny (who I'm not defending here, he's doing a bad job too, and should have some dignity and quit if Ozzie REALLY has more power than him) is afraid that his idiotic manager will do major damage to his best prospect if such a scenario happens again. The where would he play question is ridiculous. Give him the at bats that the man with the worst qualified single season batting average since the 1800's is currently getting.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
If KW wants Viciedo up all he has to do is trade Quentin. Dunn is going nowhere with that salary ditto with Rios, if Pierre is moved Ozzie will run Lilli or De Aza out to LF everyday.

That doesn't really make the team any better. Most likely it makes them worse.

First the joke..."Ozzie decide when he ready."

Morel has options, so it's easy to send him down. Gallagher moves to right, McPherson moves to first and Morel plays third in Charlotte. You trade Pierre while he's hot. You let Lillibridge and Teahen platoon at third. Viciedo fits in the lineup just fine if you do all those things. Lillibridge leads off when he plays, maybe you try Ramirez or Beckham in the top spot. Oh...and you fire Ozzie.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)

Cut Vizquel or send down Lillybridge. Then rotate Viciedo into the outfield, and if Rios keeps slumping sit him indefinitely and stick Pierre in center. The Sox need someone w/ power, they don't hit homeruns anymore.

But before bringing up Viciedo, I'd like Walker to get some time w/ him and teach him patience, aka known as how to start every count you have down in the hole 0-2.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)

Which is the whole reason he is still in Charlotte. There was a decision made that they were going to play DV in RF this season so he could come up to Chicago and play the same position.

Trade Quentin away and get a cheap replacement for Pierre for next season and another SP candidate in case MB walks at the end of the year. Quentin's value will never be higher than it is now and with payroll concerns he will likely be moved eventually anyway.

It's hard to believe that after close to 100 games, the team's management (manager and GM) appear content to stay with the same group of struggling players, game after game, and watch the same tired result.

Adam Dunn should be on the bench for the rest of the season. That's who Viceido should be playing for.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
Cut Vizquel or send down Lillybridge. Then rotate Viciedo into the outfield, and if Rios keeps slumping sit him indefinitely and stick Pierre in center. The Sox need someone w/ power, they don't hit homeruns anymore.

But before bringing up Viciedo, I'd like Walker to get some time w/ him and teach him patience, aka known as how to start every count you have down in the hole 0-2.

Lillibridge cant go anywhere. At that point Juan Pierre is your back up CF. No way, no how, no sir.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
But then you're hurting Viciedo by, again, benching him (note the difference in my reaction to Santiago being benched and to Viciedo being benched).

You can't let Ozzie screw with Viciedo again, you just can't. He needs to be playing everyday in Chicago.

fixed

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:42 PM)
It's hard to believe that after close to 100 games, the team's management (manager and GM) appear content to stay with the same group of struggling players, game after game, and watch the same tired result.

Adam Dunn should be on the bench for the rest of the season. That's who Viceido should be playing for.

The White Sox annually make the fewest roster tweaks of any team in the league. From the point when Milledge was DFA'd and Gray was called up, until Gray was DFA'd and Peavy was activated, a whole month, there were no roster changes at all. Same 25 guys for a whole month, a month when the White Sox looked awful.