Pena removed from rehab appearence

JPN366

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
I'll beat everyone else to it: Brandon Allen has homered in each of his last two games for ARI.

He only had a .933 ops last year and a 1.006 ops this year in AAA, not to mention a near-.800 OPS in the bigs last year. We needed Tony Pena, and trader Kenny got him.

I don't think Allen will be some amazing 40 homer bat, but I'd rather have a bag of golfballs than Tony Pena.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
He only had a .933 ops last year and a 1.006 ops this year in AAA, not to mention a near-.800 OPS in the bigs last year. We needed Tony Pena, and trader Kenny got him.

I don't think Allen will be some amazing 40 homer bat, but I'd rather have a bag of golfballs than Tony Pena.

You forgot the green in the first part.

Good. Maybe rest that priceless arm for another few months.

I think the whole trade is a loss for both teams. Pena has never been good, and Allen can't seem to catch on with the D'Backs (who before this season were just so...so bad)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
I'll beat everyone else to it: Brandon Allen has homered in each of his last two games for ARI.

Didn't he hit one of those like 500+ feet? Doesn't shock me. He has scary monster power.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-07...ique-strain-era

Pena's second rehab outing halted after four pitches

July 20, 2011|By Mark Gonzales | Tribune reporter

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The saga of Tony Pena continued Wednesday when the Chicago White Sox reliever had his rehabilitation appearance stopped after only four pitches.

Pena, pitching for Triple-A Charlotte, felt recurring discomfort while pitching at Indianapolis.

Pena will be re-evaluated Thursday

Pena has been bothered by right elbow tendinitis and hasn't pitched for the Sox since May 27. He was returned from his original rehab assignment with the Knights on June 27.

Pena is 1-1 with a 6.20 ERA in 17 appearances with the Sox this season.