Dunn has a sore knee

southsider2k5

Do I smell a DL stint?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-07...s-ozzie-guillen

"One day we're good, three days we're bad," said Guillen, who rested designated hitter Adam Dunn because of a sore knee. "We don't have energy in the dugout. A horse(bleep) approach at the plate for the 90th time."

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
sore knee? wtf has he done to get a sore knee? he doesn't even get to run to 1st, he walks back to the dugout.

Lunging at 2 strike pitches 125 times in a season can definitely cause knee issues.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:29 AM)
In case anyone was curious, I was hoping someone would reply with "vagina".

Soxtalk, on the whole, has greatly disappointed me this morning.

LOL. That's the first thought that came to my mind when you originally posted that but I was worried that the mods would get angry, you know with the whole anti-hyperbole and negativity vibe they've been giving off.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
LOL. That's the first thought that came to my mind when you originally posted that but I was worried that the mods would get angry, you know with the whole anti-hyperbole and negativity vibe they've been giving off.

Great, you are going to get me in trouble, now.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)

Well that and the obvious sexism after the whole anti-gay thread comments.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
I had seen the injury mentioned in another article and it basically said that he would be ready to play on Friday with 3 righties scheduled for the Indians.

Let's hold our breath and hope for the best. Maybe this is the series he breaks out. We sure need every player to perform well in Cleveland

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)
Well that and the obvious sexism after the whole anti-gay thread comments.

That was my thinking. As soon as I saw the thread, I knew the sore xxxxx line would come out quick. What is it with message boards and turning people into 13 year old boys?

I wouldn't be opposed to having him sit for a week, but... reality is, this team needs Dunn in order to have a shot at the ALC. So you really have to keep playing him, and just tell him to start trying anything. Everything. Even goofy s***, just something to mentally shake something loose.