Cooper hangs up on show after Dayan question

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
Boers and Bernsie were talking about this on their show today. Bernsie brought up that people he talks to tell him (take it for what you will) that there is rift between the pitchers and the offense. He phrased it as similar to a defense in football knowing they can't give up a touchdown because the offense is horrible. Bernsie said he was told he pitchers feel if they give up more than 2 runs in a game that they'll lose.

Peavy mentioned after his last loss that it's tough to win when you only score 2. Coop got mad in this interview when Barry Rozner mentioned Humber had 2 bad games in a row. Coop was saying he had 1 bad inning in Detroit, but if they could hit and catch the ball it wouldn't be an issue.

Sounds like the 2006 Bears or the Padres of the last 5 seasons

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 08:54 PM)
Did Bernstein get this information from the same person who told him the Sox told the Guillen family they would be drafting Ozney, when in fact, they told them they would not draft him? Bernstein is a pompous ass who is a bright guy, except when it comes to White Sox baseball.

Or Bernstein's person who hinted that Kaner was in rehab?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
He is an employee of the same station that these dopes are. By that logic there is no difference between the two.

Don't the White Sox get complete say over who does the pre and post game shows?

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
Boers and Bernsie were talking about this on their show today. Bernsie brought up that people he talks to tell him (take it for what you will) that there is rift between the pitchers and the offense. He phrased it as similar to a defense in football knowing they can't give up a touchdown because the offense is horrible. Bernsie said he was told he pitchers feel if they give up more than 2 runs in a game that they'll lose.

Peavy mentioned after his last loss that it's tough to win when you only score 2. Coop got mad in this interview when Barry Rozner mentioned Humber had 2 bad games in a row. Coop was saying he had 1 bad inning in Detroit, but if they could hit and catch the ball it wouldn't be an issue.

Good lord, at this point if there wasn't a rift between pitchers/position players these guys would have to be mannequins...

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 12:01 AM)
Good lord, at this point if there wasn't a rift between pitchers/position players these guys would have to be mannequins...

If the defense was bad I think that would push them over.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
Don't the White Sox get complete say over who does the pre and post game shows?

Doesn't really matter. The logic in this thread is that they are pulling paychecks from the same group, so therefore they should be the go to guy for all things WSCR.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)
Just like asking a Defensive Coordinator what is wrong with the offense right? Totally makes sense.

In a postgame interview once Deion Sanders (who is kind of a dumbass) said that Jay Cutler is 18-0 when his QB rating is over 100 and then asked Brian Urlacher if he's ever pulled Cutler to the side and said "come on!" As stupid as that question is to ask a linebacker (does anybody really think Cutler or any other QB has games with his rating under 100 on purpose?) Urlacher's response was "that's not my job, I've got enough to worry about keeping the defense in line." Didn't talk out of turn, didn't create any controversy about him dissing his QB, none of that. Easy, too... Urlacher is also kind of a dick.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)
He didn't have to go off. If he's doing a weekly radio spot he should know the cliche drill well.

Asked if Dayan would help or should get called up, he could say:

"We're all excited about Dayan. We enjoyed working with him in spring training and last season and I'm really happy the young man is having a good season. I haven't followed his situation too closely because as you know I work with the pitchers and we've got enough to think about every day.

We're all just coming to work every day trying to win ballgames. If he comes up that'd be great; if he stays where he is that's great, too.

Blah blah blah. It's easy.

What's he expect to be asked about on a radio show for a team that's underachieved like this one?

Either play the cliche game or don't do the spot every week.

Right. Easy stuff here.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 11:39 AM)
In a postgame interview once Deion Sanders (who is kind of a dumbass) said that Jay Cutler is 18-0 when his QB rating is over 100 and then asked Brian Urlacher if he's ever pulled Cutler to the side and said "come on!" As stupid as that question is to ask a linebacker (does anybody really think Cutler or any other QB has games with his rating under 100 on purpose?) Urlacher's response was "that's not my job, I've got enough to worry about keeping the defense in line." Didn't talk out of turn, didn't create any controversy about him dissing his QB, none of that. Easy, too... Urlacher is also kind of a dick.

At least that is a guy who is on his team. Dayan hasn't been with this group since March.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
At least that is a guy who is on his team. Dayan hasn't been with this group since March.

My thoughts when I was watching that were:

a) that is a really stupid question

b) Urlacher isn't into coaching offensive players, least of all another team captain

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)

My favorite Dijon Sanders moment was that incident with Tim McCarver on live TV back in the 90's. What an idiot.

Thought I would bump. as there are 10 pages when he hung up.

Coop was on this morning and I only heard the first ten minutes but it was very good (damn work had to get out of the car).

Basically he said they knew Peavy was out of gas but they had no options based on the innings logged in previous days by the pen. They also want him to build up arm strength and that is the only way do it. They know the BA after 75 pitches but they need to get him up and running although now they can pull him if need be due to the extra pitcher in the pen.

He likes Frasor and really likes Stewart. He mentioned that there are a couple of things they see that they want to work on with Stewart and he may be up this year........Coop'll fix him.

He really liked Jackson thought he was a great kid and teammate.

They may go to a six man rotation again with all of the consecutive games in the next couple of weeks.

He was getting into Sale but I had to get out of the car.

As for last week he said that they got in at 3:30 and he did not hang up. The called was dropped and he was in no hurry to talk after only getting a couple hours of sleep.