Cooper hangs up on show after Dayan question

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
It's more news in a trend of the management of this team seemingly imploding.

OK, but Ozzie pissed off last night and Copper pissed off this AM it not really "imploding." Better this than the same 'ol BS like other clubs.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 10:51 AM)
I don't mind Coop having a meltdown; as somebody else pointed out, he's the one guy we KNOW is getting the job done and yeah, it's gotta suck putting that pitching out there and then watching us lose game after game because the Sox can't even score 2 runs, even against some no-name rookie pitcher.

I'm not sure why they asked him about Viciedo--that wouldn't even be his call and it would be even worse if he commented on it.

But yeah something needs to change ASAP unless we want to guarantee a 2007-like season and to that end why the f*** has Greg Walker not been fired yet? I mean, dammit...

I dont care if his end of the deal is performing, this is not the first time Cooper has acted like this. In fact, pretty much every time I have ever heard him on the radio he has acted like a jerk.

If you dont want to do interviews, dont cash the check they are paying you for appearances. He very obviously is annoyed with having to be interviewed, pretty much every time he gets interviewed. the only time I ever heard him in a somewhat good mood was when they did a live broadcast from a bar

I love Coop. I have no problem with his reaction and I certainly don't think he's a "jerk." He doesn't make personnel decisions so what's wrong with that? And what's wrong with him being frustrated by the lack of runs that's killing this team's chances? Night after night he's watching his pitchers go out and perform admirably and come up with losses. And you have a problem with him being pissed off about that?

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 05:18 PM)
OK, but Ozzie pissed off last night and Copper pissed off this AM it not really "imploding." Better this than the same 'ol BS like other clubs.

I'd much rather have the same generic BS in the interviews from our coaches/GM if it meant that they weren't all talk and no action. Ozzie and company have no freaking marbles.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)
I dont care if his end of the deal is performing, this is not the first time Cooper has acted like this. In fact, pretty much every time I have ever heard him on the radio he has acted like a jerk.

If you dont want to do interviews, dont cash the check they are paying you for appearances. He very obviously is annoyed with having to be interviewed, pretty much every time he gets interviewed. the only time I ever heard him in a somewhat good mood was when they did a live broadcast from a bar

I can't listen to him on Thursday mornings on my way to work because it makes me cringe so much with how rude and arrogant he is on the phone.

I don't mind Coop having a meltdown; as somebody else pointed out, he's the one guy we KNOW is getting the job done and yeah, it's gotta suck putting that pitching out there and then watching us lose game after game because the Sox can't even score 2 runs, even against some no-name rookie pitcher.

FWIW, that rookie pitcher has only given up 5 runs in 2 outings this year. Every other one he's given up 3 or less. So the Sox aren't the only team to not hit him.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:21 AM)
I love Coop. I have no problem with his reaction and I certainly don't think he's a "jerk." He doesn't make personnel decisions so what's wrong with that? And what's wrong with him being frustrated by the lack of runs that's killing this team's chances? Night after night he's watching his pitchers go out and perform admirably and come up with losses. And you have a problem with him being pissed off about that?

listen to his interviews. The guy is a jerk, personnel decisions or not. If you ask him any question about the pitching staff he takes it personally, as if you are questioning every one of his decisions.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
listen to his interviews. The guy is a jerk, personnel decisions or not. If you ask him any question about the pitching staff he takes it personally, as if you are questioning every one of his decisions.

Yeah, he's got that New York "go f*** yourself" attitude. However, I like him, basically because he gives every pitcher a cutter and makes them better.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)

Now imagine him dealing with the media in NY if he goes to the Yankees...

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
Its an asinine question to ask the pitching coach.

It's the media. At least they're asking the question. And since nobody in a position of power will talk about it, I guess they figured that they'd try to get an answer from one of the hotheaded coaches.

It is an interesting question to ask the pitching coach one day after your "ace" says that he has to be very good when his offense only scores 2 runs.

If you guys really think that the pitching coach is going to come out and say that the either the Manager or GM are screwing up because they are not adding Viciedo, thats ridiculous. He is employed by the White Sox, arguably KW and Ozzie are his superiors.

Last I checked Cooper has no decision making in terms of hitting personnel.

Might as well ask Sod Father if he thinks Viciedo should be called up.

That's funny. Against the Sox he is a no-name rookie pitcher. But in the AL Central Catch-All, the Royals have the best farm system ever and all their prospects are studs. Hmmmm.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
If you guys really think that the pitching coach is going to come out and say that the either the Manager or GM are screwing up because they are not adding Viciedo, thats ridiculous. He is employed by the White Sox, arguably KW and Ozzie are his superiors.

There's a better way to answer that question besides angrily hanging up.

Asking any employee about their company's product is not an asinine thing.

If you ask about the development of my company's product, I will either seek out the needed answer or refer you to our development team. All he had to do was say "that's Kenny's decision, I worry about pitchers" (which he sort of did). However, following it up with hanging up while swearing? Bad idea.

That'd get me fired.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)

That's quite a stretch from what people are saying.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:36 AM)
Not really. It's not like he wears blinders to work and leaves the dugout whenever the team is batting.

Yeah guys, but put yourself in Cooper's position...if he says anything of substance really, he is going to get talked to by management.

He should have just said he doesn't comment on the offensive side of things, other than to give them positive reinforcement, and let that be the end of it.