DeAza with a .892 OPS in Charlotte

macsandz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)
DeAza .327/9/36

SB:21

Bring his MF'ing Aza up!

AAA numbers don't always translate into a succesful major league career, but I am almost ready to try anything. De Aza certainly gives his all from what I picked up from Spring Training. Viciedo too. Maybe the infusion of those two fellows would jump start the team offesne, but heaven forbid if they struggled for a couple weeks getting their feet wet in the bigs. Who goes down or who gets released or traded? Morel down and maybe our non-existent DH to the injury list?

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
It wouldnt take much to outperform Alex Rios regardless of what numbers are inflated. I'm pretty sure anyone we brought up could at least give us something other than 2 ground outs and a pop up.

Preach.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:03 AM)
It wouldnt take much to outperform Alex Rios regardless of what numbers are inflated. I'm pretty sure anyone we brought up could at least give us something other than 2 ground outs and a pop up.

De Aza is a classic AAAA player, but you're still 100% right in saying this.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
He has 194 major league ABs in parts of 3 seasons, spread out over 4 years. That is extremely premature at this point.

Well he's only 27, so he's not too old yet (although I wouldn't say my statement is extremely premature, either). He just has AAAA written all over him IMO.

FYI.

Alex Rios 2011:

.212 .258 .307 .565

Darren Erstad 2007 (arguably one of the worst players in CF in recent Sox history)

.248 .310 .335 .645

Edit:

Brian Anderson Career numbers

.227 .290 .370 .660

He would be an upgrade over Alex Rios as well.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 01:21 PM)
Well he's only 27, so he's not too old yet (although I wouldn't say my statement is extremely premature, either). He just has AAAA written all over him IMO.

Florida really liked him, and started the 2007 season with him as their starting Cf, but injuries pretty much derailed his next 2 years. By the time 2009 rolled around, Chris Coghlan and Cody Ross had sorta grabbed those spots and De Aza had just fallen behind them on the map. He's always hit well in the minors, a team with really good scouting liked him, but he got hurt right at the point where he got his chance, and he's never gotten another one.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)

Some guys take a while to get going. I hate to use Batista as an example because I think there are other reasons for his success, but he is a prime example.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
Some guys take a while to get going. I hate to use Batista as an example because I think there are other reasons for his success, but he is a prime example.

This guy has legitimately never had a chance to get going in the majors.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 01:10 PM)

His success is 100% an example of how coaching can help a professional player.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
Rios just plays the game of baseball very poorly. Throws to wrong bases, doesn't try to advance runners, can't get hits with 2 outs and RISP, and he doesn't hustle. I'm all for benching him or just trading him for another bad contract.

That about sums up one Alex Rios in a nutshell. To me he is one of the worst overall baseball players the Sox have had in recent memory. He inspires NO confidence at all. When he gets a hit it's like the worst kid on the little league team actually making contact...you're just happy he didn't spike himself.

Alex Rios is by far my most hated player on this team. He is pure garbage. Another in the growing list of Kenny Williams boondoggles.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)

We know Rios blows and is likely to continue said blowage

Daily, we become more fully convinced that Lilli is not a full time player

Give the kid a legit chance to show what he can do. Not a whole lot to lose, and now's as good a time as any.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 01:13 PM)

I think he could be a decent leadoff man.

I think I hated Erstad more than any player the last 10 years