DeAza with a .892 OPS in Charlotte

macsandz

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 08:31 AM)
No, Rios and Teahen cannot be sent down unless you're willing to DFA them, which means eating their entire contract.

Which is something you have to think about doing with Teahen. Rios obviously makes too much, but buying out Teahen would cost you roughly $7 mil considering whats left this year and the $5.5 next year. He brings nothing defensively & his .600 OPS only hurts. Morel can give you the same offense with some great defense as well. If you really are serious about this season, then Teahen could be the one to go, if JR approves of course.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 01:11 AM)
Sending down a player who can play 4-6 different positions, depending on how you view him at SS and 3B, who has a bit of pop in his bat and hustles his ass off sounds like the exact type of move that is going to spark a team to a division clinching run.

Lillibridge is out of options anyways and he's too valuable as a member of the bench to be outrighted. He's not going to go anywhere.

I love it when Lillibridge is the subject of a debate. Kinda like our politicians talking about the price of a stamp when the govt might get shut down. He is not going to make a big difference, but, since you commented, just let me say that Lilli does not play much SS or 3B any more, he is almost strictly an OF; I haven't seen any pop in his bat recently; I still remember his sleepwalking play in CF (which I promised not to mention again). Now, if Kenny releases Omar, it changes everything. We need to find some offensive contribution in CF without sacrificing too much defense, and DeAza fills that bill and Lilli does not.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
I love it when Lillibridge is the subject of a debate. Kinda like our politicians talking about the price of a stamp when the govt might get shut down. He is not going to make a big difference, but, since you commented, just let me say that Lilli does not play much SS or 3B any more, he is almost strictly an OF; I haven't seen any pop in his bat recently; I still remember his sleepwalking play in CF (which I promised not to mention again). Now, if Kenny releases Omar, it changes everything. We need to find some offensive contribution in CF without sacrificing too much defense, and DeAza fills that bill and Lilli does not.

I think if you look back at the games played so far you will find that Lilibridge has made a positive difference. My only criticism comes when we take a player that is well suited for the role player assignment and gets put in as an everyday starter and can't keep up the good level of play he had been performing. Kind of like setting him up for failure

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 02:11 AM)
Sending down a player who can play 4-6 different positions, depending on how you view him at SS and 3B, who has a bit of pop in his bat and hustles his ass off sounds like the exact type of move that is going to spark a team to a division clinching run.

Lillibridge is out of options anyways and he's too valuable as a member of the bench to be outrighted. He's not going to go anywhere.

Lilly shouldn't go anywhere. He is very important to this team

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
I think if you look back at the games played so far you will find that Lilibridge has made a positive difference. My only criticism comes when we take a player that is well suited for the role player assignment and gets put in as an everyday starter and can't keep up the good level of play he had been performing. Kind of like setting him up for failure

I'm getting the feeling that playing Lillibridge once or twice a week is setting him up for failure since he has no chance to work his way out of the current slumpl.