Anyone else avoid 90% of the topics started recently?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people forget how this board was before the World Series. It was "worse" than it is now. Fact is, if you can't put up with pessimism, you're not going to put up with Soxtalk, and this has always been true. Not really much different now, so I don't see the need for the attention seeking topics.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
Welcome to every year since 2005.

Yeah, I haven't read PHT for a long time. Occasionally I pop in, but I don't think it's such a bad thing to avoid 90% of the topics. I don't have enough time in my day to read every post on here.

We all know what the problems are. They need to fix those which they wont let us down by creating new ones.

Our next rant will be when Viciedo arrives and isn't hitting like he was in AAA, "We should have brought him up while he was hot."

Even if he does well, one Viciedo isn't enough.

Plus this team is lifeless. Forums often match the team's performance. It's just as bad at the other site. I was reading their Viciedo Ready debate and they've abandoned that.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 06:05 AM)
I think people forget how this board was before the World Series. It was "worse" than it is now. Fact is, if you can't put up with pessimism, you're not going to put up with Soxtalk, and this has always been true. Not really much different now, so I don't see the need for the attention seeking topics.

Really?

We weren't pumped on here for the WS?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 12:05 AM)

I'll say this for probably the 6,000th time. Probe a Yankees, Mets or Red Sox message board. That's the definition of extreme pessimism. You can definitely see that most of the posters here don't realize there are other boards besides Soxtalk.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
Obligatory "let us change everything to get you to post more because, for some reason, you're that important to the site" post.

obligatory stfu you dont know what you are talking about post

I've avoided Pale Hose Talk about 95% of the time this year...it's to the point this isn't a White Sox message board for me anymore, it's the Slam board for anything BUT baseball. Mostly because the board has become baseball retarded since the year after we won the World Series.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:24 PM)
FWIW, 13 of the 17 threads I see on the main page were created by extremely optimistic Soxtalk posters (ss2k, jpn, greg hibbard, and a few others)

The funny part is all of mine are news articles, and very few of them are optimistic.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 09:35 PM)
Maybe it's just me, but I see all these doom and gloom threads and dramatic titles, and I don't even have the energy to read it anymore.

Am I alone here? Of all the topics on the front page, I think only 3 or 4 of them have I even ever opened once.

It's kind of the reason why I have been a member sonce 2004 and still don't have 1000 posts yet. I still look at the board on a daily basis and want to keep up with things.............and I do appreciate everyone that searches for and posts bits of information on the team and it's players..........but I catch myself reading less and less. Sure................I know I'll get ragged on by numerous members for posting this...................but geeze.............it kind of reminds me in the past of dating a certain girl. If you go out on a date, and the girl does nothing but B%&ch and moan and whine throughout the entire date............you WILL AVOID HER in the future and say to yourself "Man....what the heck is up with her? What's her friggin' problem???" Granted......Maybe it's a stupid analogy, but you get the point. We all have our share of job/school/personal struggles and frustrations that we have to put up with everyday........so why would I continuously want to read on a daily basis everyone elses RAG sessions and add to it?

I DO READ the informative threads and I do thank everyone for that.

In a nutshell I hate winter and every season........I can't wait for March! I like baseball. I like the Sox. So..............I'll try and enjoy whatever I can out of it.

Don't get me wrong...........I am very displeased at the way we are playing with the team potential that we have......................and at times.......I do post my disappointments in some areas. But to make it a hobby, and let it consume and saturate my life on a daily basis..............no thanks!

One last thing. I agree with a post that is few above mine that is on this thread. Months of ragging on why Vicirdo is not coming up ...............and the first time he goes 0 for 10.....................there will be "Get rid of this bum" threads posted incessantly on the board for days on end.

As ridicuolus as it may seem now...................I'm still holding out hope in taking the division and then everyone finally getting hot when it counts....................in the playoffs!

(Now that I've said my peace 1...2....3....."Fire away boys!!! ENJOY!!!!!)

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
Obligatory "this site is going downhill and that's the reason I don't post as much anymore" post.

Speaking for myself, I still love this damn site, it’s the team that it represents that I’m starting to not be able to stand.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 07:44 AM)
I'll say this for probably the 6,000th time. Probe a Yankees, Mets or Red Sox message board. That's the definition of extreme pessimism. You can definitely see that most of the posters here don't realize there are other boards besides Soxtalk.

I can't imagine how ugly a thread would be on SOSH if Carl Crawford was batting around .150. The Red Sox fans were in full panic mode in April about him and their team. I guarantee there were multiple "are you in or out" threads there....that probably even contained hyperboles.

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 07:46 AM)
It's kind of the reason why I have been a member sonce 2004 and still don't have 1000 posts yet. I still look at the board on a daily basis and want to keep up with things.............and I do appreciate everyone that searches for and posts bits of information on the team and it's players..........but I catch myself reading less and less. Sure................I know I'll get ragged on by numerous members for posting this...................but geeze.............it kind of reminds me in the past of dating a certain girl. If you go out on a date, and the girl does nothing but B%&ch and moan and whine throughout the entire date............you WILL AVOID HER in the future and say to yourself "Man....what the heck is up with her? What's her friggin' problem???" Granted......Maybe it's a stupid analogy, but you get the point. We all have our share of job/school/personal struggles and frustrations that we have to put up with everyday........so why would I continuously want to read on a daily basis everyone elses RAG sessions and add to it?

I DO READ the informative threads and I do thank everyone for that.

In a nutshell I hate winter and every season........I can't wait for March! I like baseball. I like the Sox. So..............I'll try and enjoy whatever I can out of it.

Don't get me wrong...........I am very displeased at the way we are playing with the team potential that we have......................and at times.......I do post my disappointments in some areas. But to make it a hobby, and let it consume and saturate my life on a daily basis..............no thanks!

One last thing. I agree with a post that is few above mine that is on this thread. Months of ragging on why Vicirdo is not coming up ...............and the first time he goes 0 for 10.....................there will be "Get rid of this bum" threads posted incessantly on the board for days on end.

As ridicuolus as it may seem now...................I'm still holding out hope in taking the division and then everyone finally getting hot when it counts....................in the playoffs!

(Now that I've said my peace 1...2....3....."Fire away boys!!! ENJOY!!!!!)

This post needs a few more periods...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 12:33 PM)
The funny part is all of mine are news articles, and very few of them are optimistic.

Exactly..the news stories surrounding this team are negative, for the most part. Thankfully, should be some more interesting stories in the next 10 days.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 07:19 AM)
I've avoided Pale Hose Talk about 95% of the time this year...it's to the point this isn't a White Sox message board for me anymore, it's the Slam board for anything BUT baseball. Mostly because the board has become baseball retarded since the year after we won the World Series.

^^^

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
Obligatory "this site is going downhill and that's the reason I don't post as much anymore" post.