Anyone else avoid 90% of the topics started recently?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 08:46 AM)
(obligatory rewording 2k5's post in some way that it insults Republicans)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)
obligatory "this post is exactly why I dont post anymore, soxtalk is all hyperbole" repeat post

1. obligatory greg imitation post using his writing style

2. a continuation of this style to keep the joke going.

obligatory old guy "you young guys don't realize how good you have it... how the white sox used to suck all the time and we never complained... and how we used to have to walk to school 10 miles in the middle of winter with no shoes and we were happy about it... and what were we talking about, I forget" post.

I just see too many repeat topics many of which are negative and simply phrased a different way. For the most part I enjoy this site and the conversations, but I don't have the time to read them all or reply. I think that is folks perogative though. Everyone has their opinion and sometimes two of them. I think at times we get a bit personal or take it personal -me included - and that isn't right. Bottom line is we are all Sox fans and want to win and preferably win 162 games.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 09:35 PM)
Maybe it's just me, but I see all these doom and gloom threads and dramatic titles, and I don't even have the energy to read it anymore.

Am I alone here? Of all the topics on the front page, I think only 3 or 4 of them have I even ever opened once.

I pondered whether to open this thread, because I would have avoided it as it serves no purpose. However, I failed because I wanted to be snarky.

Team sucks, not much positive to go around right now. There's always other forums.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 10:17 AM)
How do you mean? Obligatory means required, and most of these types of posts are pretty normal/necessary in a thread like this.

I wasn't talking about the word "obligatory", I was talking about all of the other words used incorrectly - some even by me :lolhitting

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 09:35 PM)
Maybe it's just me, but I see all these doom and gloom threads and dramatic titles, and I don't even have the energy to read it anymore.

Am I alone here? Of all the topics on the front page, I think only 3 or 4 of them have I even ever opened once.

July under .500 team rainbows and sunshine.