Winner Winner Dine on Chicken Tonight

greg775

Five guys get our eight hits.

Thank you, CQ.

Dunn wakes up with two safeties.

Didn't see it, but AP says Juan made a nice running catch in the eighth. If it was nice, thank you Juan.

Victory is better than defeat my mamma always says.

Edited by greg775

I think I'm starting to miss the steroid era. Give Gavin his props. He got the job done. But other than Cabrera and Hafner, wow, awful f***ing lineup Cleveland put out there. The offense (save for CQ) sucked again. That's why it's futile to get excited by this team, even when they win. Until this offense starts to consistently produce 4.5-5 runs a game, we will not go on any kinda run.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 03:03 AM)
I think I'm starting to miss the steroid era. Give Gavin his props. He got the job done. But other than Cabrera and Hafner, wow, awful f***ing lineup Cleveland put out there. The offense (save for CQ) sucked again. That's why it's futile to get excited by this team, even when they win. Until this offense starts to consistently produce 4.5-5 runs a game, we will not go on any kinda run.

True. The offense was as bad as ever, but Gavin and the relievers made the 3 runs work.

We need Dayan. Still.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 04:17 AM)
I love that this thread was started by the guy who said "I'm out" in the the 3rd

I was out in the first.

I was pissed we had 2 on and none out and TONIGHT I wasn't in the mood to watch that s***.

And indeed, we only had one offensive highlight.

Some nights I can take it; tonight no way I wanted to watch that s***.

But I'm glad we won. And I can hope.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)

Even in the steroid era we were a boring offensive team. We had a short run with Maggs, Lee and Frank, but as a whole we were boring to watch. We're the A's with more upside. We probably always have been.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 06:36 AM)
BTW... Gavin looked really good tonite. He had control of his curve ball. It was had a nice, hard break. He was spotting his FB well. Nice acquisition KW. Who'd we give up for him?

He came along with Gio in the Freddy Garcia to the Phils trade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 08:34 AM)
He came along with Gio in the Freddy Garcia to the Phils trade.

Yeah that was a great trade. That was the same summer he traded BMac for Danks. One thing KW is really good at, is identifying starting pitching. Oh and you have to give crabby Coop some credit too.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
Yeah that was a great trade. That was the same summer he traded BMac for Danks. One thing KW is really good at, is identifying starting pitching. Oh and you have to give crabby Coop some credit too.

Winter

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)

Those trades also helped set us up for the very bad 2007 season. Things sometimes look different with time.