Norway Attack

LittleHurt05

Situation seems to keep getting worse. It started with a bomb in downtown Oslo and 7 dead. Then the shooting report had 10 more dead. All of a sudden, there are 80 people dead on the island where the shooting was, mostly younger people.

Of course, the suspect is a tall blond Norwegian fella, very stereotypical. Seems to be a domestic political act but we will see. Still crazy cause its the biggest act of violence in Norway since World War II.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evil exists in people like this. He was ID'ed as Anders Behring Breivik, a local business man, and supposedly no ties to the earlier bombing, which had been claimed by the Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami (the Helpers of the Global Jihad).

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
More stories out now claiming that the claim by the Muslim group was a hoax and that the one guy is probably responsible for both. The story will change again, i am sure, as we get more news.

According to CNN, the alleged shooter also purchased 6 tons of fertilizer a few months ago.

By the way, the immediate reaction to the Tucson shootings was that Jared Loughner was some sort of extreme right winger driven to lunacy by Sarah Palin's "bull's eye" ad. Turned out to be total bulls*** too.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)
There is a huge difference between somebody who is against immigration and someone who would actually shoot someone over the issue.

I'm not even anti-immigration. I'm anti-illegal immigration. There's a huge difference there too.

he sent out a 1500 page work to his facebook followers. pretty crazy stuff:

he advocates playing video games such as call of duty for target practice.

7a. Apprehension

If you for some reason survive the operation you will be apprehended and arrested. This

is the point where most heroic Knights would call it a day. However, this is not the case

for a Justiciar Knight. Your arrest will mark the initiation of the propaganda phase.

7b. Your trial offers you a stage to the world

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
You were just dying to point that out, weren't you? <_>

Yeah, he should have not included facts to the case. That's something that should be swept under the rug regarding this whacko.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)
Yeah, he should have not included facts to the case. That's something that should be swept under the rug regarding this whacko.

Not at all. The dude's a murderous whacko and he appears to have held some right wing views. But I just get the feeling that Strange was elated to hear this news that Breivik was a homegrown nutjob, and not a Muslim radical as is to be expected with these sorts of things, and that now he had some more ammunition to argue that rightwingers are the real terrorists.

And yes, rightwingers have done terroristic acts just like leftists have (the Weather Underground). Every side has scumbags, for sure. But the vast majority of terrorist actions in recent memory have been committed by followers of Islam. This doesn't change that fact, as much as some people might wish it did.

Seriously I did pretty much assume that it was a Muslim terrorist group that did this at first, because it was... just... logical. The fact that it turned out to be a right-wing wackjob really did catch me off guard.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 06:24 PM)
But I just get the feeling that Strange was elated to hear this news that Breivik was a homegrown nutjob, and not a Muslim radical as is to be expected with these sorts of things, and that now he had some more ammunition to argue that rightwingers are the real terrorists.

The first bolded is a stretch but I guess since you're so cynical it's to be expected. The 2nd bolded is something that I don't recall him ever taking as a stance in the 6 years I've been on this site. But I'm sure you'll use this terrible event as some excuse to play the victim card.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 05:47 PM)
The first bolded is a stretch but I guess since you're so cynical it's to be expected. The 2nd bolded is something that I don't recall him ever taking as a stance in the 6 years I've been on this site. But I'm sure you'll use this terrible event as some excuse to play the victim card.

The victim card? Oh, right. The thing that all of leftism is built around. Gotcha.

Right-wingers have an entire narrative built around being the victim which is hilariously ironic actually. "Liberal bias," "liberal agenda," "government" (even when said government is right-wing), etc. Everyone's always out to get them

It seemed to me like SS really wanted to point out this guy's affiliation as soon as possible. But where was he in the Mumbai thread pointing out the characteristics and affiliations of those idiots? Well, the question should be...where would he have been in such a thread, since it didn't get a thread.

I just don't get why some people are so insistent on denying that radical Islam is in fact the problem. It's politically correct to an idiotic and dangerous extent.

The closest I've ever seen anyone (either on this board or really in mainstream channels) saying that radical Islam isn't a problem is people saying "all Muslims aren't terrorists" or not being in support of racial profiling.

...I mean, occasionally you will have a buffoon like Michael Moore saying "there is no terrorist threat" but statements like that aren't really taken seriously.