Saturday Mail Delivery

Soxfest

Since my job deals with mail i can say i wouldn't mind them cutting off Saturday mail. It would mean me not working Friday night/Saturday mornings and instead work Sunday night/Monday morning. More weekend for me :)

They can cut Saturday AND Wednesday. Time to streamline, unions or no. I have limited dealings with the post office, but they just cost me a huge client because it took them 3 f-ing weeks to deliver a bulk mailing from Joliet to Joliet, and the 'save the date' cards didn't arrive until 2-3 days before the event. I paid the money to have the things sorted and all that other crap, doing their work for them to get the postal discounts, and they STILL can't get it delivered in time. And the postal workers were uninterested when I dropped the order off, as if they didn't want to be bothered by my order, and indignant when I asked them why it was taking so long.

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 12:33 AM)
I was thinking about this yesterday. I wonder if they've ALREADY cut Saturday delivery in certain places?? I typically get mail 6 days a week, but for the past 3 Saturdays, I've had no deliveries--but then big stacks of mail will come on Monday. hmmm...

No, they are legally obligated right now to maintain saturday service and to actually make a daily visit to their full customer base's mailboxes right now.

Their sorting/transportation hubs don't run as much on the weekends, that can produce a spike in Monday mail.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
IN the 21st century, who needs postal delivery? Not me.

I have direct deposit but my physical check still comes through the mail.

We still get a couple of bills via snail-mail and anyone that has a magazine subscription still needs it.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
I have direct deposit but my physical check still comes through the mail.

We still get a couple of bills via snail-mail and anyone that has a magazine subscription still needs it.

I'd say that a whole lot of business clients still make use of postal delivery on a regular basis, I make use of it a few times a week either sending/receiving, both for work and personal, and it's probably a pretty decent communication line in rural areas as well.