White Sox winna

chisoxfan09

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
Well that's too bad because he's going to hit cleanup for the foreseeable future.

Yep, and our best hitter, Konerko, will remain mostly dormant in the 3 hole while Dunn's batting cleanup.

Ozzie is a terrific mgr for run prevention - and a god-awful mgr for run production.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)
I was laughing at the time but I don't think I've ever seen a manager call for intentional walk, going from righy/righty matchup to a righty/lefty when the lefty is the cleanup hitter.

That truly may be a first.

That was wild.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
the renowned triangle theory that seems to always pop up in Boxing, lol

Pops up in other sports, too. e.g. Years ago, when I followed the NBA, there were three really good point guards in the West: Gary Payton, Nick van Exel, and John Stockton. Van Exel would eat up Stockton, Stockton would dominate Payton, and Payton would chew up Van Exel. It went on for 2-3 yrs, never could understand it.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)
Pops up in other sports, too. e.g. Years ago, when I followed the NBA, there were three really good point guards in the West: Gary Payton, Nick van Exel, and John Stockton. Van Exel would eat up Stockton, Stockton would dominate Payton, and Payton would chew up Van Exel. It went on for 2-3 yrs, never could understand it.

Derrick Rose demolished every other pg he saw after Jan 1. Just wanted to note that.