Tigers @ Sox 7/26/11 Gamethread

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 08:18 PM)
Peavy right at the 70 pitch mark when he crashes HARD.

Ozzie needs Humber to get up and come in this game we can't keep peavy in there in this gm too important and we have the lead

I just hate how we know that Jake just blows after 70 pitches and Humber is in the bullpen and we just know Ozzie has no idea what he needs to do here.

We are leading one of the best pitchers in MLB. We are completely hopeless at adding on.

GET THE BULLPEN UP!!

..not gonna happen and we'll all regret it soon enough.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)
I just hate how we know that Jake just blows after 70 pitches and Humber is in the bullpen and we just know Ozzie has no idea what he needs to do here.

We are leading one of the best pitchers in MLB. We are completely hopeless at adding on.

GET THE BULLPEN UP!!

I don't think Ozzie wants to hurt Jake's feelings. :lolhitting

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)

GET THE BULLPEN UP!!

Haha I agree we can't keep him out there just bcuz it's the 4th inning if it's a 1 run gm and you have Humber in the pen tonight you bring him in

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)
Haha I agree we can't keep him out there just bcuz it's the 4th inning if it's a 1 run gm and you have Humber in the pen tonight you bring him in

Ozzie doesn't think like this. He and Cooper are afraid of Peavy.

Unless Peavy is still feeling some pain when he throws it and not fully snapping it off...but then he wouldn't be using it nearly as much as he does, would he?

You have to hope that if his full velocity and arm strength comes back, some of the crispness on the slider will accompany it. When his fastball is short by 2-3 MPH, it's got to detract from his offspeed stuff.

There's a big difference when you can throw the slider at 86 off the 94-95 MPH heat rather than the 88-91 MPH version we've seen pretty consistently since that relief appearance.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
I'll telling you guys whatever Jake gave us tonight was great, but he's gonna run outta gas this inning.

Bottom of the order helps. But bullpen needs to be up to start the inning. They won't be but thy should be.