Tigers @ Sox 7/26/11 Gamethread

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
I'd have been shocked if he were taken out. Better to lose with your best on the mound (who is used to throwing that many pitches) than with somebody from your iffy bullpen. We'll see if Valverde can finish it, I'd assume he'll pitch the 9th.

I thought for sure PK was going to take him about 20 rows deep because he would be afraid to throw him the offspeed s*** again.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:08 AM)
True. And I don't want to hear that we can't go to the pen in the 6th. If Humber's not going to be used to piggyback Peavy, what the hell is he down there for?

I'm beginning to think we moved him to the pen so he'd be ready to start in case we trade a starter

Return to find us trailing...wasn't surprised with the 3 runs in the sixth, that was inning was crystal clear EVEN for that Octopus that predicts the World Cup.

Surprised to see the bullpen let us down, though. Seems to be our trend in big games/situations.

Edited by caulfield12

The Tigers deserve this one...simply because they were smart enough to make the move for Betemit, whereas we've done nothing about Dunn/Rios/3B all season long to improve those positions.

Hand it to Illitch to admit Inge was a bad contract and move on. Gotta admire the Tigers for that.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:13 AM)
This loss is all on Ozzie. Another terribly managed game.

I honestly believe people are going to be stunned when they see a new manager here about how bad Ozzie's actually been.