Tigers @ Sox 7/26/11 Gamethread

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
I cannot believe that Alex Rios hit a 14 hopper to the shortstop. Suck city.

You can't believe it? The 14 hopper to short is Alex's trademark. I'm just happy he didn't do it on the first pitch.

Sox can win the division regardless of what any other team does. They have the best staff in the division by far.

If they had a semi-competent manager this race may not even be close. Its just pathetic what Ozzie is doing.

Edited by Soxbadger

cant really be that upset over this loss, we were at a disadvantage from the beginning with Javier Peavy on the mound, and a mgr who has no clue how to get a bullpen ready whe he's on the mound

2 homers, not much else

rios blows, but valverde is good, b****ing about rios making an out there is laughable

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 08:18 PM)
Sox can win the division regardless of what any other team does. They have the best staff in the division by far.

If they had a semi-competent manager this race may not even be close. Its just pathetic what Ozzie is doing.

2011 white sox baseball - pathetic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
Hypothetically, would you still say that if the Tigers acquire a starter like Fister and another piece maybe?

Yeah they cant fix all their problems at the trade deadline

Hopefully they can atleast win tmr and not f*** up against Sherzer. Sherzer hasn't been that great this yr, but he has owned the Sox if they atleast try the way they did today against Verlander then we can win tmr

I am so sick of Ozzie Guillen. I wish I had the time, energy, and math to go back and figure out how many wins he's likely cost us. Losing to Verlander, regardless of how we've done against him in the past, softens the blow a bit but 4 ER off of him you are justified in hoping for a W.

Hypothetically, would you still say that if the Tigers acquire a starter like Fister and another piece maybe?

Yes.

But honestly, I don't care what they do, as long as they get good players back. I think the market is set up for us to make a bit of a killing if we go out there and deal some pitching. And as much as I would miss Quentin, I wouldn't mind seeing what Viciedo could do out there.

So if we can get some good talent in here for Quentin/Jackson/Thornton, so be it.

But can you say White Flag Trade II?

the innings and pitch counts usually catch up to Verlander in the second half. If they do, that team is screwed.

It really is sad how little Peavy and guillen bring to the table compared to a couple of years ago.....rios is a whole other bag of s***

If Dunn is coming around there is plenty to look forward too.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 04:20 AM)
Yeah they cant fix all their problems at the trade deadline

What are their problems now outside of starting pitching and needing another reliever? Their pen should be now that New Mexico and Coke are in their pen.