Tigers @ Sox 7/26/11 Gamethread

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
cant really be that upset over this loss, we were at a disadvantage from the beginning with Javier Peavy on the mound, and a mgr who has no clue how to get a bullpen ready whe he's on the mound

2 homers, not much else

rios blows, but valverde is good, b****ing about rios making an out there is laughable

You're right. We should've expected Valverde to cool off the perpetually hot Alex Rios.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 04:22 AM)
Yes.

But honestly, I don't care what they do, as long as they get good players back. I think the market is set up for us to make a bit of a killing if we go out there and deal some pitching. And as much as I would miss Quentin, I wouldn't mind seeing what Viciedo could do out there.

So if we can get some good talent in here for Quentin/Jackson/Thornton, so be it.

But can you say White Flag Trade II?

As Jason said earlier, most of the possible trades aren't for low A players, etc. It would be for guys who can play at the MLB level now while getting Viciedo into the lineup.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, knew Peavy was done after the 5th. He doesn't have the endurance/arm strength to go any further in the game than that. How Ozzie and Coop don't know this is beyond me. Go to the bullpen that has been the best in the ML in the last month and let them put the game away.

WHY WAS HE LEFT IN TO THROW 111 PITCHES????

Holy f***.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
As Jason said earlier, most of the possible trades aren't for low A players, etc. It would be for guys who can play at the MLB level now while getting Viciedo into the lineup.

We have no idea who the trades will be for.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
I am so sick of Ozzie Guillen. I wish I had the time, energy, and math to go back and figure out how many wins he's likely cost us. Losing to Verlander, regardless of how we've done against him in the past, softens the blow a bit but 4 ER off of him you are justified in hoping for a W.

are you going to find the wins too. Or do the players get credit for the wins and Ozzie gets the blame for the losses. Thornton's horrible pitching to Betemit had as much as anything to do with the loss.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
What are their problems now outside of starting pitching and needing another reliever? Their pen should be now that New Mexico and Coke are in their pen.

Starting pitching is a really big one. Its not like just one will solve their problems.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
This loss is on Ozzie's mis-managing the pitching.

I tend to go with the pitchers not getting the job done. It was one of the most consistent guys in the pen that allowed the leading run to score.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
You're right. We should've expected Valverde to cool off the perpetually hot Alex Rios.

Rios bats like Buerhle pitches, like he has his car double parked on 35th St. He can't wait to get out of there.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:24 AM)
are you going to find the wins too. Or do the players get credit for the wins and Ozzie gets the blame for the losses. Thornton's horrible pitching to Betemit had as much as anything to do with the loss.

Having Ohman start the inning was stupid as hell

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:25 AM)
Well the guillen family biographer is lighting up Kenny on twitter. His handlers must be concerned that a few players missing might move them out of Chicago.

What are they saying

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)

Please, go ahead and point me to a win that was due to Ozzie's great managing skillz.....I'll probably be waiting a while.

Had Ozzie known his personnel and pulled Peavy after 5, Thornton wouldn't have been in the position to blow the game.

By the way, has Rios always batted like he's trying to take a s*** in the woods?

Ozzie: "I gotta go by innings, not pitches."

WHAT???? You are a MORON Ozzie. It is ALL about pitches, especially for a pitcher coming back from major surgery and time off.

GET THIS f***ING IDIOT OUT OF HERE!

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:27 AM)
has peavy won a game since he was running his mouth about everybody need to man up down the stretch......BUM

He has to have one of the worst quality starts/games starter percentages in the AL

QUOTE (Paulie4Pres @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:27 AM)
By the way, has Rios always batted like he's trying to take a s*** in the woods?

Ozzie: "I gotta go by innings, not pitches."

WHAT???? You are a MORON Ozzie. It is ALL about pitches, especially for a pitcher coming back from major surgery and time off.

GET THIS f***ING IDIOT OUT OF HERE!

Holy s***, did he really say that? He's the same idiot that would probably let a 16 game winner with a 6 ERA start game 1 in the postseason over a 10 game winner with a 2 ERA.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
I tend to go with the pitchers not getting the job done. It was one of the most consistent guys in the pen that allowed the leading run to score.

There was no excuse for Jake Peavy to START the 6th inning. He was allowed to face NINE BATTERS in it instead. Those three runs in a one run loss are somewhat important.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:29 AM)
He'd be a perfect long reliever right now.

Yep, if only we had another starter in our organization besides Buerhle, Jackson, Danks and Floyd that can give you a real good 5 innings but might struggle later in games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
Holy s***, did he really say that? He's the same idiot that would probably let a 16 game winner with a 6 ERA start game 1 in the postseason over a 10 game winner with a 2 ERA.

He's afraid to take Jake out before it's clear he's gassed. That much is obvious. When Cooper called to get Ohman up they should have been stalling the s*** out of the game to get him warm. But Ozzie is too afraid of Jake's "fire."

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:30 AM)
There was no excuse for Jake Peavy to START the 6th inning. He was allowed to face NINE BATTERS in it instead. Those three runs in a one run loss are somewhat important.

What are the chances that Peavy struggles in his next start and him/Ozzie and the Peavy People excuse it due to his high pitch count from this start?