Tigers @ Sox 7/26/11 Gamethread

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:47 AM)
I REALLY fail to see the point in Thornton there, he is either going to throw an 0-2 fastball....or a fastball...not hard to time that.

Yep, you have to get him to chase a pitch there with a base open. Thornton is just immune to getting the clutch out at home this season.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
More crappy managing by Ozzie. Had to go by the book, even though Crain was doing fine. Just brilliant.

why do I have the feeling if he had left Crain in and Betemit singled, you would have been complaining that he didn't bring in Thornton?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:49 PM)
Its just bad pitching.

Hes ahead in the count with a base open. Betimet is not exactly the most patient hitter and is basically swinging at everything. No reason to throw him anything thats good.

That was matt's issue the entire time he attempted to close for us. Yuck.

Hopefully we can push two across with our last 5 outs.

Mercy.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
why do I have the feeling if he had left Crain in and Betemit singled, you would have been complaining that he didn't bring in Thornton?

I don't know why you make that assumption. Do I know you?

Ripping on bringing in Thornton is irrational Ozzie hate IMO. Although, I should point out that the top of the 6th was the worst half inning Ozzie has ever managed. Betemit has an OPS almost 300 points worse against lefties, it was the move that had to be made. However, Matt Thornton lacks balls, so it didn't work out. Too bad the whole Rasmus deal wasn't true.

Edited by whitesoxfan101