De Aza Pulled from game in Charlotte

DirtySox

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)
MikeSolarte Mike Solarte

Folks with @KnightsBaseball say DeAza being recalled to big club. Reason not known, but good for him. Was hitting .322 in CLT #WhiteSox

7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

If they do good for him and I hope they tell that D Bag Rios to sit down the rest of the season. Alex Rios is garbage. Not only does he go after pop up lazily he is a dumb baserunner. Last night when he was on first, AJ hit a foul ball down the line the 3B was getting under by the wall, where's Rios? 3/4 of the way to second just standing there. What are you going to do there Alex? No matter what happens you are going to have to go back to first base, how about tagging up and either faking to make him make a throw or maybe he falls down or stumbles or gets tangled up with the wall and you can go to second.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
Probably don't want to call up Viciedo now while he's hurt. Or maybe we can dream and pray that Rios got traded.

If KW could trade Rios and not eat any of the contract, as much as I don't care for him, he would deserve a lifetime contract.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:53 AM)
If KW could trade Rios and not eat any of the contract, as much as I don't care for him, he would deserve a lifetime contract.

If he could trade him and eat 50%, I'd be thrilled. Heck, at this point, I'd be fine with eating 99% of it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
If he could trade him and eat 50%, I'd be thrilled. Heck, at this point, I'd be fine with eating 99% of it.

I think the effort to get to Peralta's pop up last night really pissed off management, not to mention the near collision with Pierre that would have been disasterous. Alex's head isn't in the game so it's time to give someone else a chance. Although I have to say, Peralta's pop up should have been Alexei's ball from my vantage point, as Rios was playing deep on the play from what I understood...

I don't know how they can get De Aza up here without DL'ing Rios though?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 06:59 PM)
Unless Omar hurt himself falling down, I'm not sure that's it. I'm pretty befuddled.

They could trade him and save about $1 million. Probably wouldn't get anything worthwhile in exchange, but if KW wants to get younger, eliminating the 44 year old drops the average age a little bit.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)
They could trade him and save about $1 million. Probably wouldn't get anything worthwhile in exchange, but if KW wants to get younger, eliminating the 44 year old drops the average age a little bit.

But this is probably Omar's last year anyway (on the 25-man...he'll probably be on the coaching staff).

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)

I mean, I suppose that could be it.