De Aza Pulled from game in Charlotte

DirtySox

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
Its gotta be Rios.

You know whats funny. Even casual baseball fans can understand that he sucks. I was watching the game with my gf and she was remarking how f***ed up his batting stance is.

Maybe KW left Rios on a corner holding a cardboard sign that says "free to a good home."

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)
But this is probably Omar's last year anyway (on the 25-man...he'll probably be on the coaching staff).

He could always come back. I'm just throwing stuff out there. I'm sure some contenders wouldn't mind having him. He is still a magician with the glove although he can barely get the ball to first base. Can play all the infield positions, can pinch run. He probably has some value to a team with playoff hopes, and he wouldn't cost too much in terms of talent or money.

Its gotta be Rios.

You know whats funny. Even casual baseball fans can understand that he sucks. I was watching the game with my gf and she was remarking how f***ed up his batting stance is.

DL? Bad contract trade? Jerry wouldn't just eat his contract.

Its gotta be Rios.

I can take guys sucking. I'm a White Sox fan, I'm used to seeing it. Its just the manner in which he goes around displaying his suckiness is what really chaps my ass.

If it is Rios, clearly the Sox aren't just waiving him. And I'm not aware of any injury.

Only thing I could remotely think of is DL'ing Dunn. But if that is the case, why not Viciedo. Unless of course they figure Viciedo's thumb injury would prevent him from making much of an impact out of the gate?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
I can take guys sucking. I'm a White Sox fan, I'm used to seeing it. Its just the manner in which he goes around displaying his suckiness is what really chaps my ass.

He is a lazy f***. And seriously has no business being up at the plate 98 percent of the time. I still dont understand why you would contort yourself into a stance where you eliminate your leg power entirely.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)
He is a lazy f***. And seriously has no business being up at the plate 98 percent of the time. I still dont understand why you would contort yourself into a stance where you eliminate your leg power entirely.

Detroit plays him as shallow or even more shallow than Juan Pierre.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
I still think it is the lefty set-up man we haven't used in three days and the starting pitcher we haven't listed for his next start

To me we could trade those guys for people who don't even play on the major league roster and it probably wouldn't have much of an impact on our overall success as a club. Both are obviously good to above average major leaguers, but, at the same time, with the way this team has played, you never know what could spark it. And if nothing does, well, than having both of them on the club would have been all for not.

This has to be as hard of a team to evaluate as possible. On a piece by piece basis, there are a lot of guys with talent and prior sucess who should still be productive. On top of it, there are a lot of guys who other contenders would love to have on there roster (everyone in our rotation, our SS/1B/RF/LFer (Pierre has some value, not near as much as the other guys) plus Thorty.

Tiny Klout Flag53KnightsBaseball Charlotte Knights

In regards to De Aza, he was taken out of the game. It was not injury related. We have not received anything regarding his status.

3 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:10 PM)
IF he isn't being called up tonight, couldn't that just mean, he's being called up "tomorrow"? I suppose he could be getting dealt, but for what? Him alone isn't exactly going to land us anything that would make this club much better.

Throw in for a bigger deal including EJax or Matty? Who knows, all crazy speculation at this point.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 05:14 PM)
Don't forget the rumor that Sox are dying to move rios to a corner position. If it is CQ traded then De Aza makes sense

What is the rationale here? Do they just figure this would put him back to a more comfortable position, one where he excelled offensively for a while (even though the year he sucked in Toronto, he was in RF).

Or do they figure ideally, you put him in the corner where, defensively, he'll be pretty much the best in baseball at his respected position.