De Aza Pulled from game in Charlotte

DirtySox

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (onedude @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 11:23 PM)
Wasn't Atlanta rumored for Pierre?

They were at least rumored to be interested since Jordan Schafer hasn't been very effective leading off for them, but I seriously doubt that they'd give up much beyond taking on his remainig salary for him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:55 AM)
They were at least rumored to be interested since Jordan Schafer hasn't been very effective leading off for them, but I seriously doubt that they'd give up much beyond taking on his remainig salary for him.

De Aza shouldn't cost too much probably the league minimum this year anyway.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:55 AM)

De Aza shouldn't cost too much probably the league minimum this year anyway.

Speculation abounds :P Twitter comments and other speculations such as like Lillibridge is gone or Pierre is gone really makes you wonder why the organization would trade a performer and huslter and keep an $18M (or whatever he makes) CF'er hitting .200 and sluffing. Vizquel is another one that has done his job as a role player. Now maybe he is hurt who knows, but I just have a hard time accepting we would deal our better players and keep someone not doing his job. I know you have to trade talent to get talent and all that, but still keeping non-performers?!

Edited by elrockinMT

So Rios deservedly is the whipping boy here.

He gets benched. So they are going to sit Mr. Salary for a hungry kid.

Maybe their plan is to suspend Rios if he acts up. Can you suspend a guy and not pay him if he becomes a detriment on the bench?

I would think he wants to play. But maybe he'll be fine collecting a paycheck and sitting. If he is a hothead he might have an argument with Oz as he continues to get benched. Maybe at that point they can suspend him.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
He gets benched. So they are going to sit Mr. Salary for a hungry kid.

Maybe their plan is to suspend Rios if he acts up. Can you suspend a guy and not pay him if he becomes a detriment on the bench?

No free agent would ever come to the white sox ever again.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)
This may be the most important part of the Jackson trade. Losing Teahen finally cleared up a roster spot to call up a replacement for Rios.

3 rbi's in his last 110 at bats. I knew Rios was a bum but GZ. Here's hoping we see alot of De Aza.